android
Old 03-21-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Two questions of a new user

Hi there,

since yesterday I am the owner of a black sansa clip 2gb due to the good reviews and words it got here.
I have two questions though:

1. The Volume and Power button is veryl loose and wobbles if you shake the whole device. I guess this is normal?

2. I heard a lot about the discharge problem, so I was very curious if I had a good one. When I unpacked it and powered it up the screen showed 1/4 of the battery bar which I took for a good sign. The firmware was the .18 one, so it may be that it was packed by Sandisk not too long ago. When I plugged it to my computer and bootet to Vista the properties showed a charge of 49%. I then fully charged it which took approximately 5 hours. Afterwards Vista showed 100% charge. I then disconnected it and left it off for 12 hours over night. When I checked the charge in Vista then it showed 98%. Is this normal or do I face a small dicharge problem?

Regards,
fladd

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

1. Mine is not "very" loose but I can hear a small rattle if I shake the unit.

2. The discharge issue usually is much greater than that--double-digit discharging over a day or 2. Just keep your eye on it and see if you have anything of that magnitude. Also, some have reported that it takes a few recharge cycles for the battery to "settle down" into its normal operational status. Do make sure that the player is off (via the off switch) and not just in pause mode.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
Yes, the device was switched completely off over night. When I started to charge it again (at 98%) it took like 4-5 min to reach 100% again.
I used it since that to listen to music and after approximately 1.5 - 2 hours of playback the first pixel of the batter status in the display is gone. I think this behaviour is also quite what one would expect?

fladd

Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yep--the battery gauge in these devices is approximate and non-linear (it will "speed up" as the battery gets discharged).

Enjoy it!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 PM

If it speeds up then I will eventually have less than 15 hours of playtime though.

And don't worry, I am enjoying it :-)

Old 03-21-2008, 08:03 PM

I think I get about 12 hours out of one charge in reality.