android
Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Default CanJam '08

For anyone that may be interested, the 3rd Annual Head-Fi International Meet will be held in Fort Lauderdale, FL this coming May 3rd & 4th for details Click Here and here. FWIW I’ll be there having fun \O/ ... A few of the vendors I’m sure to visit are Woo Audio, HeadAmp, Shure, Ultimate Ears, Ultrasone … what the heck, I’ll go and see all of them

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 AM

Man, I want to be there... not so easy for people who live on the other side of the planet. *jealous*

You might want to check out Sleek Audio too. They have some really fun IEM there.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
...... You might want to check out Sleek Audio too. They have some really fun IEM there.
I plan on checking out all the vendors

Old 05-04-2008, 07:57 AM

Default CanJam '08 Ft. Laud., FL

Had a great first day at canJam yesterday, going back for more today

A bunch of great peeps, but leave your wallet at home … Ok, enough of the jokes.

I got there early and it really was not crowded, so I systematically worked my way around the room table by table, I may have skipped one or two, but I got back to them eventually. Really busy this weekend between uncle in hospital, wife, kids and canJam within biking distance from the house I’ve decided to put something up on this thread and add to it as I have time to write up my notes. So I will be editing this post adding comments and pics. BTW, if you get the chance to attend a head-fi meet near your house some day, I highly recommend it

First table as I walked in was Sleek Audio, a great bunch of guys giving away t-shirts and stuff … happy to let you test one of the numerous SA6’s they had on display. I was impressed with the overall sq of the SA6 for a single armature driver, not colored and a nice balance from lows to highs, good seal & isolation with their double-flange tips. Rather than saying too much on sq and having to eat my words later I’ll leave my observations at that. One thought on these is that I don’t enjoy tinkering with all the little interchangeable parts, but over all a very interesting/cool idea, nice design and very good build quality with a truly adjustable sound. You can adjust or customize the sound of the iem’s via their interchangeable tips (tuning ports), iirc they have 6 tips total, 3 high frequency tips and 3 low frequency tips. For more info, check out their site here.

Their table:

I happened to see Jack Wu across a few tables and quickly jumped to his booth, what a gentleman showing me all his amps, describing each in detail and letting me enjoy listening to the ones I wanted … can you say heaven @_@ …

What can I say that I didn’t say before in my post on the WooAudio 6 but wow … I was blown away … excellent and thanks for the hospitality Jack \o_

I put some time in listening to the new WA6 SE Amp with seperate WA6 SE power supply, WA5 & the WA GES electrostatic amp … very, very nice:

Jack thanks for the headphone stand it's killer ... you’re a true gentlemon \o_
btw, here's a pic, it found a home next to my bed & the beautiful woo6 you made for me ...

I’ll try to stop in later to post more pics and thoughts, have a great day and do as my nick ~_^

Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM

*looks at wallet*
I can't wait till I go to college, then through college, and then get a good job and have money for all that cool stuff.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:03 PM

QFT man, but remember, everything in proportion. Fairness is not equality, fairness is based upon needs, and here in America there sure is a hell of a lot of stuff we buy that we dont need. Not that we shouldn't let ourselves have some fun... but dont go buying some $5,000 electrostats, that is just overboard.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 05-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
...... but dont go buying some $5,000 electrostats, that is just overboard.
So you think I should cancel my orders for a few odds and ends I picked up at the show
STAX

proto type Blue Hawaii Tube

WooAudio GES Stax/Sennheiser HE90 Electrostatic Earspeaker Amplifier

Old 05-05-2008, 05:11 AM

A few pics of the portable amps I had the opportunity to enjoy

Pico amps from Justin @ HeadAmp

Pico & In-side

Pico & hd650s

Emmeline by Ray Samuels Audio

Old 05-05-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex91 View Post
*looks at wallet*
I can't wait till I go to college, then through college, and then get a good job and have money for all that cool stuff.
Heh, don't wish your life away dude

Enjoy what you have....and have what you enjoy. Despite all the kit that I have now, I would go back to 'then'

Rose tinted spectacles anybody?

BTW, thanks for taking us 'there' WalkGood, its kind like attending via remote viewer. Keep the piccies and narrative flowing.

Let us know what your king and queen of show are after it's all over........hmm.........better wait until sobriety kicks in as well mate

Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 AM

WalkGood, thanks for the lovely pics... can't stop drooling. Wish I could've been there!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
WalkGood, thanks for the lovely pics... can't stop drooling. Wish I could've been there!
/me wishes you could have been there too, I think having a trusted friend to exchange personal auditioning opinions/impressions on sq, sound stage, isolation, ect ect ect would have made the whole thing so much better

Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
......BTW, thanks for taking us 'there' WalkGood, its kind like attending via remote viewer. Keep the piccies and narrative flowing.

Let us know what your king and queen of show are after it's all over........hmm.........better wait until sobriety kicks in as well mate
Well, imo the king & queen was Head-Fi for putting the whole show together, hats off mon \o_
I strongly recommend if a show/meet comes any where near you, it’s a must attend

Ok, a few more to drool over

Ok Varkie, back to your best of request … what was really good for me might have not been for you or something to that effect. The electrostatic stuff was killer, especially Jack Wu’s GES electrostatic, WA5 or the more affordable WA6 SE power supply & WA6 SE amp combo, only a bit out of my reach :/ … On a more realistic approach what I really liked and I’m glad I’ll have one is the pico portable amp and what I’d love to have is the ue11 pro’s (read the inscription on the t-shirt) … anyone wana take the se530s off my hands

If you wana see more pics, join us in irc and I’ll show you the rest

Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 AM

Great Videos from CanJam ’08 by Lan Man all 13 here.