android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Rockbox

Old 03-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Default Playlist Problems-ERR--Songs become tagged with ERR & won't play

I like to use playlists for my music, and I've created some on the sansa, (which can be painful) and most using Media Monkey and saving as m3u playlists.

For some reason, rather randomly, the playlist becomes corrupt and some or many of the songs in the list won't play. When I look at the playlist many songs will begin with (ERR). If I shut the sansa off and restart it, the playlist will be normal again.

What is causing this? How can stop it from happening? I'm going to try using the Playlist creator found herehttp://www.oddgravity.de/, to see if that helps, but I'm still confused as to why it is happening.

I'm using Kugel's latest build from 2/14/08.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Rockbox Developer

Problems using my build belong in my build thread.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 AM

Sorry Kugel, but I didn't know it was a problem with your build. While I am using your build now, I have also seen it happen with cpchan's build....so I posted it here.

Any thoughts as to what is causing it?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Strange, I have never had a corruption. Try doing a scandisk/chkdsk.

Charles

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
Sorry Kugel, but I didn't know it was a problem with your build. While I am using your build now, I have also seen it happen with cpchan's build....so I posted it here.

Any thoughts as to what is causing it?
It's not about being specific in my build.

Generally, when you use a custom build, only the distributor of the build is doing support. Also, every issue in a current build is a bug of the build by default, until you reproduce the problem in other builds, especially in the official build.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM

i think the best way to make playlists is to do it in Windows Media Player. then sync the playlist to your sansa. then you convert the .pla to m3u8 using rockbox. then copy the playlist to the right folder on the sansa. that is the way I do it. it takes a little time, but definately easier than using media monkey.

i think the (ERR) happens when the the song on the playlist is not found on your sansa. i don't know why it happens, it does it for me for songs on my podcast that get deleted but still are on the playlist.

Last edited by advcomp2019; 03-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokiriheero View Post
i think the best way to make playlists is to do it in Windows Media Player. then sync the playlist to your sansa. then you convert the .pla to m3u8 using rockbox. then copy the playlist to the right folder on the sansa. that is the way I do it. it takes a little time, but definately easier than using media monkey.

i think the (ERR) happens when the the song on the playlist is not found on your sansa. i don't know why it happens, it does it for me for songs on my podcast that get deleted but still are on the playlist.
The songs are there. But your are right, they seem to disappear....or the playlist looses sight of them. I'll try to run a scandisk, and keep investigating.