android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon iAudio U2 / U3 / U5

Old 03-08-2008, 04:35 AM

Default U2 serial no. for jetshell download; I/O error trying to access the player

Like a muppet I did something wrong and my U2 is now locked up, I have tried all the reset button, connect the usb tips, but I think I need to reformat it and reinstall the latest firmware.

This is where my problems start.

I have moved house since buying the U2, and cannot find the box or Jetshell CD, it is not on my computer as I had to reformat that too after a virus corrupted it.

I went to cowon to download the jetshell, and was feeling positive until I got the the part where it asks for my serial number, the sticker on the back of the U2 is half worn off, so I do not have all of the serial number.....

Does anyone know where I can download jetshell, without needing a serial number, or is anyone kind enough to "lend" me thier serial number so I can download jetshell and reformat my U2.
It's a great little mp3 player and it would be a shame to throw it away, just because the serial number decal is the worst quality part of the entire package!

Conkers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-08-2008, 04:53 AM

I found this

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support

Some sort of generic support serial number and i have now installed jetshell or whatever it is called.....

Now I need to find out how to make the jetshell find my mp3 player....

Darn it!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:01 AM

Default U2 says ready, but jetshell/windows cannot find it

I unplugged my u2 without following the correct procedure, and now when I switch it on it just flashes the iaudio logo every 3 seconds or so, I can connect it to the computer and the green arrows comes up, the display on the u2 says "ready", but when I start jetshell it says that it cant find iaudio unit... when I try to open the u2 from windows explorer i get an I/O warning message........

What shall I do.... I have been faffing around with this for 4 hous now and am close to my wits end...............

Conk