android
Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 PM

Default different people's builds?

I have noticed that some people on rockbox.org have their own rockbox build, what is different about the standard builds and one someone individually made?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Most of the time the builds that someone else makes have patches and/or addons that the official Rockbox build does not have.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 PM

do you know of anyone who makes a good build better than the original. The original is driving me crazy with showing many duplicate listings in the database and not being able to skip back to a previous song and short battery life

Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have not got those issues. As for battery life, i get about 14 to 16 hours now since they added the power management.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
do you know of anyone who makes a good build better than the original. The original is driving me crazy with showing many duplicate listings in the database and not being able to skip back to a previous song and short battery life
you need to reinitialize your database if you have duplicate song listings

to do this: Settings>General Settings>Database>Update Now>turn off player and turn back on and your player will commit database.

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm

Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Notes: (I'm one of the people with the custom builds)

The custom builds have patches that are not in the official build, either because they're too new and still need to be tested, or because they haven't been accepted or replaced, for whatever reason.

Unless there's a patch that increases battery life, all the custom builds have slightly reduced battery life, but offer GUI-fications, such as more detailed themes, etc. However, if there was such a patch that increases battery life, it would be in the official build unless it was too new and hadn't been tested much, or because it was too unstable.

Because of the "recent" power management patch, the battery life in Rockbox should be near the OF. However, this depends on the user settings, such as volume, whether or not you're in the WPS*, brightness, etc.
* - From what I've heard on the tracker, the WPS updates even when the screen is off. This of course uses processing power, which uses battery power.

A build "better than the original" depends on your definition of 'better'. If there's a bug in the official Rockbox build, it needs to be filed so that it can be fixed, provided: it happens on the official Rockbox build, and can be reproduced on the latest version of the official Rockbox build.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM

I use kugel's build: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=20557