Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Default Best Skins Ever DIY home made skin pattern (With pattern and pictures)

After looking all over the web, I couldn't find any invisible shield or best skins ever patterns. The reason for my searching, is that I didn't want to spend extra money to buy a skin, then have to wait for it to get to me. So I made my own

I remembered that I had a diy sheet from bestskinsever, so, I decided to give it a shot and make my own pattern. I only made a front and back; so the top loopy thingy and the bottom port and headphone jack are not covered (which I don't think, at least for me, are all that important to cover anyway).

The front piece doesn't cover the entire front, 0.3 cm not covered on the bottom (see the pictures) because the width of the BestSkinsEver DIY sheet is not the full width of the p2; however you can rotate the pattern, before you cut the diy sheet, and it'll work (just add 0.3 cm to the length of the front piece of the pattern, And not the back; since it's not as wide as the front) I didn't want to rotate it because it would leave a, almost, unusable strip.
The other thing I noticed after putting it on my p2, is that it was a little bit wide (like 0.1 of a cm on each side); this isn't really a problem because you can cut the edges (after it's on the player) and make them look nicer (at least make a smoother looking edge), by taking a little razor and cutting the skin right in/at the two edges of the plastic (the seam were the front and back pieces of plastic meet).

I actually don't have the back piece on, as of right now. But I will caution you that you do not cut the pattern out upside-down, since the power button/hold switch are larger than the volume buttons. So lay the pattern on the player and figure out how your going to cut the diy sheet before you do anything.

The pattern is in an attachment so you can download it and print it. It is in a microsoft word document (in a zip folder). I couldn't get it to format as a regular picture, and that's way it's in a mic.doc. So sorry if you don't have microsoft word. If anyone knows how to get it formated on a free program, go for it!

Here's the link to the DIY sheet

So I hope you all will enjoy! Feel free to post thoughts and comments! Would love feedback!

(Here's a link for 7-zip, if you don't have it. And it's free!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Samsung P2_1.jpg (35.2 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg Samsung P2_3.jpg (45.6 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg Samsung P2_6.jpg (54.7 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg Samsung P2_7.jpg (59.9 KB, 498 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung P2 (131.6 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by shalom24; 03-08-2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: some clarification

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]