android
  #1  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:20 PM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default "Button press enables backlight" question.

Hi, I have this problem. I installed a new current build from rockbox.org and I have this backlight problem. When ever my player is playing a song and the backlight is off, I turn the wheel or press a button and I have to wait around 1.7 seconds for the backlight to turn on. But when a song isn't playing, the backlight comes up right away. When I was using an older build, the backlight came on right away even when i was listening to a song. This is my problem. Does this happen to you or is it just me? Anyway I can solve it if it's just me?

Thanks
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
major_works's Avatar
major_works major_works is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 256
Default

It's not just you. It's a known issue; in fact there was some discussion of it on IRC earlier today.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme123 View Post
Hi, I have this problem. I installed a new current build from rockbox.org and I have this backlight problem. When ever my player is playing a song and the backlight is off, I turn the wheel or press a button and I have to wait around 1.7 seconds for the backlight to turn on. But when a song isn't playing, the backlight comes up right away. When I was using an older build, the backlight came on right away even when i was listening to a song. This is my problem. Does this happen to you or is it just me? Anyway I can solve it if it's just me?

Thanks
Actually this is happening to me now, but I kinda like it..??. To change it its one of the settings in Rockbox....re: FIRSTBUTTON PRESS ENABLES BACKLIT ONLY...etc in the display settings menu.

Reason why I like it is (I think anyway)...that it's saving battery life. That plus I've cut the brightness of the screen down and it's made a marked difference!. Battery drains more slowly now in Rockbox than before. Hope this helps!!

btw - You did time the 1.7 seconds..??
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_works View Post
It's not just you. It's a known issue; in fact there was some discussion of it on IRC earlier today.
oh, ok, thanks! i hope they fix it! could you give the link of the IRC? and tell me what hour it was posted on..thanks!
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
Actually this is happening to me now, but I kinda like it..??. To change it its one of the settings in Rockbox....re: FIRSTBUTTON PRESS ENABLES BACKLIT ONLY...etc in the display settings menu.

Reason why I like it is (I think anyway)...that it's saving battery life. That plus I've cut the brightness of the screen down and it's made a marked difference!. Battery drains more slowly now in Rockbox than before. Hope this helps!!

btw - You did time the 1.7 seconds..??
no, hahah, just a observational guess
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 PM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,627
Default

Fixed (for me at least) in SVN as of r16543.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Fixed (for me at least) in SVN as of r16543.
Yup!! Thanks! I'm so glad they fixed it. It annoyed me so much.
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 03-07-2008, 06:32 AM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default

Well, the newest build fixes the backlight problem but now when I have my settings to "No" for "First Button Press Accesses Backlight" and when I'm in the database the backlight goes off and then I press the select button to wake up the screen, it goes to the song that my selector was on. This didn't happen in older buils but i'm guessing they will fix it very soon. I'm going to check
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Llorean Llorean is offline
Rockbox Developer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 397
Default

Wait, if you have that option set to "No", then the first button press is supposed to do what that button does. That means, if you press "select" when the backlight is off, it'll select whatever's highlighted.

There's nothing to fix.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
helpme123's Avatar
helpme123 helpme123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 410
Default

yeah, i guess so but i wish they kept it like that like in their old builds
__________________
Player: Sansa e280 Rockboxed
Ear Phones: Sony MDREX32LPB

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Llorean Llorean is offline
Rockbox Developer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 397
Default

That functionality has not changed in the official build of Rockbox. Since the addition of the "First button press enables backlight" option, it's had to be "Yes" for it to work...
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.