android
Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Default So USB on Rockbox, is it comming sooner or later?

I have posted about various topics in various places on the forum and appreciate every ones feedback, kinda cool such strong support for a funny little mp3 player. being an audiofile and coming from the an LP record background its a hell of a treat to load every record from my favorite band THE WHO,, and go for a spin on the road bike. well any way, surfing the Bay and i find a 4GB card for 15 bucks. bing got it. its a pretty good price for an impulse buy.

Now the question USB support thru rockbox? i have noticed that they have been making steady progress but well do you think it may trickle down to the various custom builds, or is it just too far off to tell?

just kinda wondering

Scuzzo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM
ABI Invaluable

It is getting closer it's mostly just getting it to be stable enough to put into the build now. From what I understand it is up to full speed.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Rockbox Developer

There's a significant problem with it on Sansas though that can cause disk corruption, so while it works, the Sansa is the one place where custom builds absolutely should not be playing with it.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:45 AM

It is not even an important feature... I mean, what is an extra second of loading when plugging in on your computer?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaCid View Post
It is not even an important feature... I mean, what is an extra second of loading when plugging in on your computer?
With a 4GB or larger card you have to pull out the card from the sansa and insert it into a card-reader in the computer. I guess most people consider that an inconvenience.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagder View Post
With a 4GB or larger card you have to pull out the card from the sansa and insert it into a card-reader in the computer. I guess most people consider that an inconvenience.
You can also pull out the card as long the sansa is booting up, untill it is "connected" and then you can just put the card back in and the computer recognize the card, but there is no database rebuilding from the sansa

Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Rockbox Developer

He didn't mention database rebuilding. He mentioned the lack of Sandisk software's support for MicroSDHC cards when connected to a PC.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM

I might back off of USB for my Sansa in my own build... for as I posted to the tracker for FS#8562, I have had an instance of data corruption on my 4GB SDHC card. The progress has been wonderful, but it's not worth the risk of having that happen repeatedly.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
He didn't mention database rebuilding. He mentioned the lack of Sandisk software's support for MicroSDHC cards when connected to a PC.

Upps, my fault

Old 03-05-2008, 04:52 AM

Here are a couple of pages with info: