android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > MP3 Player User Reviews

Old 09-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68
TBH, the Touch w/no EQ engaged sounds pretty good (1-10, I'd give it a 7.5 without EQ). But, I like to have my EQ on. Even without it on the sound distorts on an iPod - though the Touch in noticeably cleaner an clearer sounding.
Very true. As for me I prefer no EQ, especially with my Classic. (I have yet to audition the Touch) Other than that, SQ for the Classic with no EQ is acceptable, IMO. The main reason why I asked that question is because with the way copeys posted, it appears he/she used the iPod phones to listen to the Touch, and as we all know the white earbuds sound like total crap. I just wanted to know if the ZVM and the Touch were auditioned with the same exact setup.

Last edited by musichound; 09-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I may have a ZV:M tomorrow so I'll know myself!!!! 60gb of space to play with - and no, I'm not gonna' RockBox it. I'm not too fond of it.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
TBH, the Touch w/no EQ engaged sounds pretty good (1-10, I'd give it a 7.5 without EQ). But, I like to have my EQ on. Even without it on the sound distorts on an iPod - though the Touch in noticeably cleaner an clearer sounding.
I never touch the EQ on any iPods, because the EQ's on them are no good (besides the fact you only get presets to choose from.) Nowadays I listen to so many different types of music that flat works fine for me, IF I have some good headphones (for general listening I have a pair of Koss KSC75's.) If anyone ever asked me for a music player recommendation with lots of customization, I would definitely steer them towards something other than an iPod.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
But did you listen to both players, with the same headphones, and with no EQ, and at the same volume level?
Nah, thats why it isn't that much of a valued opinion lol. But even then, just straight out of the box (the ipod with ipod headphones and the ZVM with it's headphone) and no settings changed, it seemed to me that the ZVM was clearer, but my friend disagreed, and said the touch was clearer lol. But I spose it was just opinion. But to answer your question, it wasn't really as controlled as you asked, so I spose it means nothing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
I may have a ZV:M tomorrow so I'll know myself!!!! 60gb of space to play with - and no, I'm not gonna' RockBox it. I'm not too fond of it.
Sweet, I'd love the 60GB of storage on my ZVM, I only got the 30GB thinking "I'll never fill that," I was wrong lol

Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I had to cancel my trade - no ZV:M for me!!!! Oh, well, guess I'll just wait for the 32 gb S9 or Vibez!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 AM

give me a p2 with a internet browser and im sold!

this was so amazingly usefull on my friends touch on my trip to europe

Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 AM

Default blah blah blah

seripusly for ipod is crap. reason being to download one song/video/picture requires iTunes. some people may find it easy but still generally, it's a waste of time as it blocks listeners' privacy. iTouch wins in terms of design, but in terms of features, sound system, user interface and battery durability wise, samsung p2 is the better choice.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:24 AM

Great review!

Tags
samung p2, touch