android
Old 02-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Thickness

Hi, does the thickness of the d2 ever bother anyone, does anyone even think it's that thick? I have a ZVM right now and I'm think of getting another mp3 player and the heaviness and stuff in my pocket is sorta annoying. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike T View Post
Hi, does the thickness of the d2 ever bother anyone, does anyone even think it's that thick? I have a ZVM right now and I'm think of getting another mp3 player and the heaviness and stuff in my pocket is sorta annoying. Thanks
Coming from an X5L, the D2 is tiny. I've never used a ZVM but I'd venture a guess it's at least the size of the X5, so it would be a similar comparison. The D2 is admittedly a bit chunky thickness wise, but it's significantly lighter than hard disk based players like the X5 and ZVM. Some people say the D2 is heavy given its size but I don't know how light they expect it to be. I find the little extra heft (we're talking a couple grams) reassuring though, and it's by no means distracting in my pocket right now.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The D2 is definitely lighter than the ZV:M (91 g / 163 g), but not much slimmer.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:35 PM

I thought the D2 was going to be a lot thicker than it is...i actually think it's really slim. Def not a prob, if you want any slimmer you go with ipod nano, then you risk sitting on it and breaking it

Old 02-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Ive never owned an MP3 before. One of the reasons I ordered the D2 was the fact that I think it would be easier to hold on to and navigate with. I personally dont want smaller. Especially the screen. Love the 2.5!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:46 PM

Yeah, the size of the D2 is great. It would be nice if it had a slimmer screen border, either making the screen larger or the unit slightly smaller, and I really wouldn't mind if it was even up to half a thick as it currently is. Otherwise... I wouldn't change the screen shape, I personally like squarish players over candybar since they tend to "stand up" in my pocket, and don't fall over (bending the cables up by the jack)

And as far as the interface, it would be nice if you could scroll with the scrollbar in real time, and use virtual motion up/down in real time. Thats really it though, and the navigation is still some of the best I have used.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson