android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 02-21-2008, 04:00 AM

Default Watch out...Sony NWZ 820 series is here!

check this out: http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/20/s...on-the-ipod-t/ http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...y=NWS+A+Series what say you Samsung...?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 AM

Umm for some reason both links(over here) dont work/not related to sony nwz 820

Sony news...
Engadget

And yepp() this is serious competition for samsung, I cant recall any other device except for the samsungs which have bluetooth.

Quote:
A SRS-NWT10M external speaker is priced low enough at 3,000 ($28) that every teen-age jackass riding the subway will have one.
I just hope samsung comes out with similar speakers and lol i dont wanna be called a jackass :P

Old 02-21-2008, 03:15 PM

Why should I get a Sony, if I could have a Samsung?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

The P2 has a widescreen 480x272 screen. Sony not-so-wide. I'll stick with my P2.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:38 PM

same here.. i was checking out the sony players before buying P2 but they all had such a small screen...

Old 02-21-2008, 03:41 PM

i dont like it.. its got buttons.. eww and doesnt look as slick as p2..

Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Definitely a nice player....for what it is. And that is the key when looking at these two products. Sure, they both have BT, but I see the P2 as a more visual-centric, well-rounded touchscreen DAP, whereas I see this Sony as a worthy update to the A810 series with SQ and the push for BT music listening (heck they are even packaging their players with "higher end" IEM's and some with BT headphones).

Both are fantastic players for what they are capable of!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 PM

Yeah, it's nice, but given its not:
-touchscreen
-bluetooth-phone-connectable

I'll pass. Granted it comes in 16gigs and probably has better sound quality over the P2, but i like how clean, sleek and minimal the P2 is, and has the above listed things.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
-touchscreen

I'll pass. Granted it comes in 16gigs and probably has better sound quality over the P2, but i like how clean, sleek and minimal the P2 is, and has the above listed things.
How do you know that ?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 AM

I still think the P2 looks better though because of the touchscreen. And i'm not really a big fan of sony anymore when it comes to music players (minidisc.... and their headphones that magically always stop working at some point)

Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM

i might asgree with you re: the magical headphones thing. my A806's EX in-ear buds are 1 year old. and they don't seem to sound good as it was a few months ago. it sounds "broken" and not that "solid" anymore. P2 is touchscreen and still looks slick tome. Sony is the best in sound but no touchscreen and a small screen at that. probably il wait till the 3rd Bluewave comes out and this NWZ Walkman then ill decide.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:12 PM

the screen on it is only 2.4 inches thats freakin small compared to the p2's screen and it not touch screen operated. 2.4 inches is about the largest screen sony has ever put on an mp3 player.if you to buy the 8gb off the sony website it be about 277.80 which is like a rip off unless you just want to show of your new japanese electonic

Old 02-23-2008, 11:22 AM

If the sound quality is comparable to Sony's other recent offerings, I'll take it over the P2's screen size. I use mp3 players to listen to music and not to watch tv or movies.

Both the P2 and the T10 have a lack luster A2DP sound quality compared to Samsung's own T9B. If Sony can improve upon this too, I'm sold.

the P2's touch interface is fussy at times and I have unintentionally paused and changed the play mode many times. Buttons work better than the P2 interface. The Apple touch interface is also more reliable.

My P2 may be on ebay once the Sony hits the market.

Games, text viewers, calendars, subway maps, and dictionaries are not selling points for me.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
If the sound quality is comparable to Sony's other recent offerings, I'll take it over the P2's screen size. I use mp3 players to listen to music and not to watch tv or movies.

Both the P2 and the T10 have a lack luster A2DP sound quality compared to Samsung's own T9B. If Sony can improve upon this too, I'm sold.

the P2's touch interface is fussy at times and I have unintentionally paused and changed the play mode many times. Buttons work better than the P2 interface. The Apple touch interface is also more reliable.

My P2 may be on ebay once the Sony hits the market.

Games, text viewers, calendars, subway maps, and dictionaries are not selling points for me.
I don't understand why you even bought your P2 then.
If you don't like the touch interface(even comparing it to the itouch...) and don't use games, txt, calendars, dictionaries, etc then why did you buy it in the first place?

Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Yeah if ALL you want is to listen to music then go for the Sansa Clip or something like that... Why did u waste money

Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
I don't understand why you even bought your P2 then.
If you don't like the touch interface(even comparing it to the itouch...) and don't use games, txt, calendars, dictionaries, etc then why did you buy it in the first place?
My buying decisions are not for you to understand, rationalize, or approve. I'm an adult and don't need you to understand. But if you feel you must know, I needed a 8GB Bluetooth player for a very specific purpose that I don't feel the need to justify to you. It was the only player on the US market which served that purpose. If I were going to Germany, I would've aquired a second 8GB T9B after hearing the decreased BT performance of the P2/T10 units in comparison to the T9B. Both the P2 and T10 units serve thier respective applications but definately are deficient in BT sound quality compared to some other BT devices I've tested or used.

Now that there are other options coming to the market, they may be suitable replacements.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
Yeah if ALL you want is to listen to music then go for the Sansa Clip or something like that... Why did u waste money
Just because I mention where I see the P2 as deficient does not suggest the money was wasted. It does what it is supposed to do when I need it to do so.

The clip has outstanding sound quality but it is short on memory for my personal and professional needs.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
How do you know that ?
sony's portable music players have generally had really good sound quality, which was why i even put up with SonicStage for my NWS-706F. just now, im willing to accept that Sony will most likely never come out with something like the P2, or something like the 706F, but with alot of space (and no SS).

Old 02-24-2008, 05:23 PM

its not even touchpad....and has less functions then the p2. so not interested

Old 04-05-2008, 11:52 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
-touchscreen

Yea....I checked just about everything out..looked for two to three months before I decided on the P2....I love it.....