android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 BlueWave Firmware

Old 02-28-2009, 12:27 AM

thanks noobtaculus for the advice, I'm gonna give it a try.

I also tried running my P2 on older firmware (2.0) but same thing: screen and sound craziness, then death. So at least now we know that it's not somehow "allergic" to firmware 5.10 or anything like that.

Oh samsung, why must you put me through this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM

Ok guys, for those of you who got stuck with stupid "Please Image Update!Please update STR file!Please update AUI file!" deal after SDRAM rewriting - here's the way. Just go Options->Preferences (where else could you go with FWDN) and check Enable Formatting Filessystem. Then make all the steps from the manual (thx sotodefonk). This time tt's gonna erase all your information but will have your PC feel ok about detecting your p2. Then you can manually or whatever add firmware of any kind you want since your PC can now detect the device - which in my case was the only problem (step 10). So now I'm a happylilbunny again)

Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 PM

Default Copying to MTP Media Player

I have followed the instructions on this site with all firmwares available from Samsung for the YP-P2JCB (4.13, 5.08, and 5.10).

I have tried multiple USB ports and multiple computers.

FWDN completes successfully and I know that it is doing something because I can see the different firmware versions when I do a Firmware Version Check in Samsung Media Studio.

I have gone into the device manager and verified that the device is working correctly. There are no yellow triangles showing a problem with a device. It is listed as a Portable Media Device.

After each update, I get exactly the same "Please Image Update" error followed by the "Please Connect to USB to Update Resource File". I plug in the player, Windows XP detects the MTP Media Player and pops up a dialog asking if I want to "Transfer Files using Windows Media Player" or "Take no action". A little icon shows up in the system tray for the MTP Media Player. I go to My Computer expecting to see a new drive mapped for the player but there is nothing. I am stuck on step 10 because I cannot copy files to the device. I am soooo close but can't figure out what else to do. I have tried adding the .rom and .rsc files to Samsung Media Studio so I can copy them to the device but it limits the list to media files with known endings. I have tried the same with Windows Media Player but no go. If I update to firmware 4.13, Samsung Media Studio even asks me if I want to update the firmware but fails if I click OK.

I have selected the "Enable Formatting Filesystem" option in FWDN and it completed successfully after the firmware was written. I was also able to successfully format the file system using Samsung Media Studio but still no go.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the drive mounted so I can put the new firmware files on this brick?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Tried this on my neighbors computer and I was able to see the Audio Device under My Computer. I have no idea what's wrong with my 2 computers but at least it works now.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM

I accidentally let go of the Power button, but the new driver install dialog still appeared.

You said that this dialog comes up only once, but since I messed up, I want to repeat the process to not let go of the Power button this time.

Is it too late?

Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 PM

From the hardware manager find the Telechips device if you can and remove it. Simplest solution: use a new USB port

Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Out of topic: i accidentally formated my p2, and my music, videos, received files, pictures, videos, games, dictionary, notes, themes and application/games for pc on my datacasts have been delted is there a way to recover this?

does recuva ( www.recuva.com ) work? or is it only for pc?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM

Recuva does give the option to check any drive which you can select. Give it a try and good luck!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 PM

hehheeh i failed :9

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakito_prnct View Post
Hi guys.

I'm spanish and i dont speak english so mach so i will try to splain clearly.

My p2 is death. I try to do every steps of de first post and...

1.-

-------- TARGET DEVICE INFORMATION ---------
Device Type : NAND Drive
Device Serial Number Type : SN_VALID_32
Device Serial Number : [ 0000B1******************800000]
Device Hidden Size : 202240 pages
Device SDRAM Configuration Value : 0x22E92010

and it's ok!

2.- When i push de "WRITE" button always sais:

[INFO] Rom file consists of 1 number of images
[INFO] Image No.1 : 3804776 bytes, Default Target

[INFO] START of Writing Image No. 1
[ERROR] CFWDNDlg::OnBnClickedBtnWriteFirmware : Ô’B

3.- When I marked the "Skip F/W Write" it finish ok, but i supossed that this is not de correct way.

After do this, the P2 say to my that "update resouce file" and then appears in my PC and I can view the folders, copy the files... but only the first time. When I switch off, and on again... is death again.

Could you help me??
Thanks to everybody for this web.

I have the same problem. Exactly equal. Could you help us??.

Thanks very much¡¡.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:51 PM

I've done step 1-6 but when I get to step seven I don not get the "Target Device Information" screen. When i go to my device manager, the p2 is not there with the yellow triangle. I do not understand this step:

"7. THIS PART DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, because it only happens one time on each computer, windows will show a "New hardware found" window for an USB Device. You need to select the vtcdrv.sys file that is inside the zip with the FWDN software; when it finish to install it, check if the FWDN software shows something like this:"

What am I doing wrong? Somebody please help.i will be in your debt.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Default i try but i can't finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotodefonk View Post
Hello, I will try to explain the steps that I made to unbrick my P2, so maybe there will be some errors, so, if you get stuck in a step, post about it and i will try to find out what went wrong.

First of all, you need the firmware that you had previously (if you don't remember there is a way to know it later), and the firmware that you were tring to install on the player. From now, I will call the previous firmware as "Old FW", and the one you are trying to use, as "New FW".

Then download the recovery application from the attached file in this first post.

Also, make sure your P2 has its battery full or almost full. If you cannot tell because of the loop, just plug it to your PC, or any thing with USB ports for 1 or 2 hours.

Are you ready? let's get started...

1. Open the FWDN.exe application.
2. Load the ROM of the New FW. (Some users have problems loading the ROM of the New FW, if you are one of those users, load the ROM of the Old FW. Thanks to hardcase for this info.)
3. Enter to Options>Preferences, and change the SDRAM Size to: 32M-32bit-0x20000000
3. Connect the P2 to the computer.
4. Press and hold the power button. While pressing the power button, press the reset button once, DON'T RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON.
5. The FWDN will show a little window telling that it is updating the SDRAM.
6. When the window closes automatically, the FWDN, will show these on the screen.

Code:
Device Inserted

Device Removed
When this appears, release the power button.

7. THIS PART DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, because it only happens one time on each computer, windows will show a "New hardware found" window for an USB Device. You need to select the vtcdrv.sys file that is inside the zip with the FWDN software; when it finish to install it, check if the FWDN software shows something like this:

Code:
Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

Device Serial Number : [ 00000000000000000000000]
Of course the serial numbers, and probably the SDRAM value will be different.

If it doesn't show that, disconnect the P2 and go back to step 3. this time it will not ask for the driver, and it should show the target device information.

8. When you already got to that screen, press the button WRITE, and a little window will appear writing the ROM file to the P2. Then a windows saying "Writing Complete!" will appear, just click OK and continue.

9. When it finish, disconnect the P2 and turn it on, it will start the same updating process, but at the end, it will show "update resource file" or someting like that, it changes with different FW versions, just hope to read the "resource" word, and you will be on the way.

10. Connect the P2 again to the PC, and it will recognizes it as a MTP Player.

Open My PC, and select the P2 drive. Go to DATA folder, and select the YPP2.RSC file.

You have to check the file size, then search the firmware who has the same file, with the same file size. You found it? Good. We will need it. This is the Old FW. It somehow gets stuck and doesnt't go away. You neither can delete it or move it. It always will appear there.

NOTE: If you have files that you want to recover, just copy them before doing the next step. When you finish, just continue.

11. Go to My PC again, but this time click the P2 icon with the secondary button, and select format. it will teel you it will destroy all the data, and bla bla bla, just accept and wait a little until it ends. This will delete the indestructible file that is looping the player.

12. When it finish, enter the device again, and copy the YPP2.RSC and
YPP2.rom of the Old FW into the DATA folder.

Probably you can add a new firmware, but i don't know for sure.

Disconnect the P2, and turn it on, then just follows the firmware update instructions, and this time the P2 will boot fine with the Old FW.
Then just try to update it again.

Well, thats it, I hope it works for everybody just like it worked for me.

PD: sorry for the posible errors on the redaction, english is not my first language, so you all now

Laters
hello,
i'm french so i hope yo will excuse my redaction.
my p2 was "sick" and i found on a french forum "generationmp3" a man who show me your method.
it's ok until step number 9 and after i can't continue the process.

if you are always here please help me to finish.

thanks a lot.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabrandy View Post
hello,
i'm french so i hope yo will excuse my redaction.
my p2 was "sick" and i found on a french forum "generationmp3" a man who show me your method.
it's ok until step number 9 and after i can't continue the process.

if you are always here please help me to finish.

thanks a lot.
If you want help (in French too :P) you can add me on msn/pm me. Did you get the "Writing Complete!" message from #8? What does your P2 do when you turn it on?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobtaculus View Post
If you want help (in French too :P) you can add me on msn/pm me. Did you get the "Writing Complete!" message from #8? What does your P2 do when you turn it on?
bonjour,
je veux bien le faire en français !!!
quand je rebranche le p2 au pc il marque:
PLEASE IMAGE UPDATE
PLEASE UPDATE STR FILE
PLEASE UPDATE AVI FILE

et rien d'autre
si je recommence la procédure à zéro j'atteins le même résultat que ce soit avec le nouveau ou le vieux FW.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 AM

Default help

i found the original post to be very informative, and it seems that i may be able to use a similar method to unbrick my samsung YP-T7JX 512 MB mp3 player.

heres what happened. i went to samsung and downloaded what i thought was the correct firmware. it in fact turned out to be the wrong firmware that they had posted for my model mp3 player (darn samsung why???) and now there is no way to revert to factory settings. i can turn it on, access the menus within the player, but all my files were wiped. both system files (data and music) are missing along with the other files (playlists, etc.) but the first two i mentioned are critical.

now windows will not recognize the device. it asks for a driver, but with media player 11, its already resident in windows, so i dont know how to uninstall the device and reinstall it without getting the same results.

i need to force flash the firmware with the COMPLETE original firmware package, not just the upgrades, because samsung doesn't make them comprehensive. they also screwed up by trying to make one firmware solution for all operating systems instead of seperate ones for each OS, and the biggest mistake was they failed to use software (an exe) that would check to make sure the correct firmware was being flashed to the device before it becomes a brick. i never heard of such nonsense.

OK now the good part. how do i use this program FWDN.exe to force flash the player? what would be the correct settings to use, and what files do i need to make the program recognize the player? or is there a better solution, like someone just happening to have an archived copy of the original software package that comes with the player, or a program that WILL allow me to force flash this BRICK.

Last edited by crazyjayloc2003; 09-04-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM

i need a big time help from you guys... please help and i hope i would be able to solve my problem..... infact this issue has been disscused by many other guys but i did not find any answer on this forum. THe problem is that

Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

Device Serial Number : [ 58698967001399721904D45AF0008F16]

[INFO] Rom file consists of 1 number of images

[INFO] Image No.1 : 3096120 bytes, Default Target

[INFO] START of Writing Image No. 1

[ERROR] CFWDNDlg::OnBnClickedBtnWriteFirmware : Ô’B

Device Removed

I have used almost all version of FW (2.08, 1.5, 3.1, 4.3, 5.1 etc etc) but i am getting stuck on witing FW.... its always gets failed... and can nto proceed to further..... PLEASE HELP ME

Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oda View Post
Ok guys, for those of you who got stuck with stupid "Please Image Update!Please update STR file!Please update AUI file!" deal after SDRAM rewriting - here's the way. Just go Options->Preferences (where else could you go with FWDN) and check Enable Formatting Filessystem. Then make all the steps from the manual (thx sotodefonk). This time tt's gonna erase all your information but will have your PC feel ok about detecting your p2. Then you can manually or whatever add firmware of any kind you want since your PC can now detect the device - which in my case was the only problem (step 10). So now I'm a happylilbunny again)
hey this solved all my problems...
credits to you.

to the original poster for the unbricking..sotodefonk

mabuhay!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM

Is there a way to make this work with my YP-T10JAB?

There is no SDRAM size for 4GB in the FWDN program.

I have tried this numerous times and can't get my computer to recognize my player after the unbricking procedure.

I feel like I'm really close to getting my bricked T10 to work.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 AM

What should i do when my computer isnt recognizing the device?. and my p2 just says "disconnect the cable"? how can i solve this.
PLEASE HELP ME!

Old 11-27-2009, 12:17 PM

Oh nooo =( the FWDN doesn't show the message or launch another window..
what happens is: just another window pops up (not from FWDN) and says:

Found New Hardware:

Windows needs to install driver software for your Unknown Device;
* Locate and install driver software (recommended)
* Ask me again later
* Don't show this message again for this device

I held down the power button for like 5 minutes but FWDN wouldn't show anything
Isn't there anything I can do?

Tags
bricked, firmware, fwdn, loop, update