android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 BlueWave Firmware

Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 AM

Hi there,

I tried tho whole night - nothing worked.
I even done the Unbrick steps again and again (with all several FWs). All is well till it comes to step 9 and 10.
So I set the player in recovery mode (power button and reset button). In device manager I can even see the Telechips Firmware Donwnload Driver (it apears when I enter recovery and disapears when I disconnect the P2.
So at least the PC itself is recognizing the player.
But is there any chance of getting the .rom and .rsc files transfered??

Your help is much apreciated
sqeezeee

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Default P2 is bricked! Used FWDN and Tcctool and was unsuccessful.

I bricked my P2 after a power spike made my computer reboot. I used Tcctool and FWDN and was a complete failure. I used FWDN to recover it until there was an error in the write process which may have killed (I hope not) my P2. Tcctool didn't work because said device was bricked. I want a clear explanation about this problem and want to know how to RMA the thing.

John 3:16

Old 06-05-2008, 05:12 PM

Send it to Samsung, they will fix it free of charge except you need to pay Shipping & Handling. They do a great job except it takes 4-6 weeks until you get your p2 back.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 PM

sqeezeee and YeppBoy , Im so sorry, but those thing didnt happen to me.

This guide was made only for the looping upgrade, the error that you guys discribe, sounds like a completely different problem with your P2 nothing to do with the firmware. (sqeezeee bad flash memory?, YeppBoy, fried circuit because of the power spike?)

So Im almost sure that something else in your players is not working right, I recomend you to send them to samsung.

YeppBoy, writing the rom on the P2 doesnt kill your player, just redo all steps. TCCTool is not needed for this fix. When is FWDN a complete failure? from the beginning?

sqeezeee, in step 9-10 you enter into recovery mode again? you dont have to. Just plug the player normally. What happen when you turn on the P2?

Also if the process with your PC keeps failing, try another USB port, or another PC, sometimes the drivers get crazy using the same USB port for everything.

Last edited by sotodefonk; 06-05-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Actually, the write process in FWDN failed for some reason and THEN A power spike made my computer reboot, thus bricking my P2 to the point that the thing won't turn on. It won't respond to any computer or USB wall charger. My computer is the only one in the house with XP and the rest have Vista on them. I am not mailing my P2 to Samsung because I have a church camp to go to in 2 weeks and have no backup player (blame my parents for not letting me purchase a backup). I even tried all 8 USB ports and to no avail. There is a small electronics repair shop that my friend took his iPod to to fix a hard drive issue. (No, Fellow ABi members, he isn't an iSheep and he got his iPod as a Christmas gift even though he REALLY wanted a ZVM. I may also search the garage sale my neighborhood is having for a 4 gig MP3 player to use as a backup if my P2's circuit board is really fried. THEN I will RMA it.but only if I can find a backup.

John 3:16

Old 06-07-2008, 08:33 PM

i'm very new to this whole firmware thing but i was wondering what exactly is the ROM? is that the folder that is 1.15 or the two files inside the folder? i have everything on my desktop but i don't really understand...

any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM

omg. never mind. should have read more carefully. sorry.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:58 AM

Hi sotodefonk,

thank for your efforts. The guide is allright. I don't enter the recovery mode in step 9 or 10. I just follow the guide as is and after plugging it in there is no obviouse response.
Except a signal windows allways uses to show a newly pluged in usb device. But no chance to find the P2 in SMS, explorer or WMP. So I can't proceed with the last steps.
P2 wants to boot, but only the messages I stated (update these and that...) apears. Maybe there is really something wrong.
Therefore and because of having warranty I sent it back to the store. As they stated they just will replace it or maybe they send it in for repairing.
I used 3 PCs and different USB-ports.
If you or someone else want me to write a detailed report what I did before it got broken I will do so. Ohterwise not. Don't want to spam the forum. I like it.

When I get the new one I guess I won't change mode or region. I'm not confident about the USM thing. But that was actually the final reason to buy a P2. I have got a mac. But didn't want an ipod. Bad! Samsung please add a custom function for changing modes.

Well. Thank you.
sqeezeee

Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 AM

The Links Invalid...could someone send me the FWDN files....
i bricked my P2 recently...
so please someone upload a link to this thread?
THANKS ALOT!!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 AM

they removed it or moved it... I think i have the zip on mi PC, Im at the office now, so when I get home Ill upload it to somewhere else...

If anyone have the zip, please upload it to any place, mirrors are always welcome.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM

You Would Be My Hero if You Could Upload To Maybe RapidShare or other ECT.
Thanks SUPER Much

Last edited by mrchaos; 06-16-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 AM

Sorry didn't have the zip :s formatted my pc like a month ago....

But I manage to find it somewhere else, Its attached to the first post. I hope you can get your P2 back

Old 06-17-2008, 01:45 AM

Cant Wait..Ive had no luck finding that file
everyone directs me to this link, but i dont think they know the links dead
could you possible tell a mod and have it removed?
not the instructions but just the link?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:12 PM

maybe you didnt get me right.

I have uploaded the zip, just check the first post, its attached to it... and I removed the link to prevent more confusion.

laters

Old 06-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Default grrr, i think im messing up somewere

i think im messing up some where because i cant get the stupid thing to display

-------- TARGET DEVICE INFORMATION ---------
Device Type : NAND Drive
Device Serial Number Type : SN_VALID_32
Device Serial Number : [ 00000000000000000000000]
Device Hidden Size : 202240 pages
Device SDRAM Configuration Value : 0x22E92010

gonna need some help, much appreciated...

Old 06-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I JUST bought my 16gb P2 today...drove 3 hrs to get it from Canada. I tried updating the firmware right away and the thing bricked (oh, thats great).

Im following this how-to, however, I have no DATA folder... Just Datacasts, Music, Pictures, Playlists, System, Texts, and Video. Every folder is completely empty except for System.ver.
I tried adding in Data and putting the .rom and .rsc files (I do this often w/ my psp) but it does not seem to work...
Because I never had a Data folder, I dont know which firmware it came with originally. I have tried it with each final version that I DL'd separately.

So far, I hate my nearly $400 P2.

Edit**
Nevermind...finally got it to work. Wow, hassle...

Last edited by pdiggitydogg; 06-21-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

It's not the P2's fault. Blame windows for the crappy MTP protocol.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Hey boys this is my first post on this forum. I joined just so i could d.load the unbricking program. Anyways to the point. There is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier way to unbrick the P2 (atleast for the 16GB and it bricks when you try to update firmware and displays install STR file and install AUI file etc.). I got this from here: http://www.*****.com/support/t416326-update_problems so credits to them (sorry if this violates any rules i just want to share this easier way of unbricking). What you basically do is go to the Samsung support website and download the version of the firmware you were trying to upgrade to (in my case the new beta so this one: http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/do...ia_cd=03040200 )
unzip it and there shall be 2 files, like the guy from the website says paste those 2 files to both the root and the folder datecasts of your lovely bricked P2. And and just unplug your P2 and turn it on and it shall continue to update. And once again sorry if i violated any forum rules by linking to them or if this solution was already posted a bazillion times already. Its just that i just bought the freakin thing 1 and a half hours ago and it bricked on me while i tried to update it and i just dont want anyone else to go through the pain and agony i suffered. Later boys. P.S. i dont know if the 2 files needs to be the same version as the one you tried to update to, just try to find the ones you need if not then try one of the other ones.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 PM

i have tried and tried by i all i get is this
Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

-------- TARGET DEVICE INFORMATION ---------
Device Type : NAND Drive
Device Serial Number Type : SN_NOT_EXIST
Device Serial Number : NOT EXIST

Device Hidden Size : -1 pages
Device SDRAM Configuration Value : 0x22E92010

Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM