android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2 > Samsung P2 BlueWave Firmware

Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 PM

make sure you are pressing the power button, then wait a few seconds and press the reset button, but keep pressing the power button, until the FWDN screen updates, then you can release the power button.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM

How long do I have to hold in the power button after I've pushed the reset button before anything happens? I've held it in for a couple minutes and I'll I get is a few dings after I hit the reset button and the FWDN shows nothing in it logs.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM

thats weird, try another USB port, or another PC... you only need to press it a few seconds (I did like 5 or so).

Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 PM

I've never bricked mine, so I haven't done this, but looking at the Samsung troubleshooting guide it says to:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Then plug into USB. (Still holding power)
3. Press reset. (Still holding...)
4. When connection is established release power.

You might try it this way.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:50 AM

I plugged it into another usb port and windows wanted to install the new device. but in step 5, FWDN doesn't show the window telling that it is updating the SDRAM.

Then I choose the option to "no , not this time" then "install from a list or specified location" and unclick search removable..." and hit browse on "include this location in the search" when i got to the FWDN folder , it wont allow me to use that folder, which include the vtcdrv.sys file.

thanks for the help so far.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM

the first time you connect the device to a usb port, you need to install the driver first. If you cant select the folder, enter the folder and open the file install2000Xp.bat, it will install the drivers automatically, then leave windows to search the correct driver for the device...

after you have installed the driver, start from the beginning, I hope this time it show what it should show...

Old 04-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Okay thanks it's working . Thank you so much. You saved my life there...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 AM

Default problem

im using vista 64 bit and when i press and hold the power button and then the reset botton ounce it comes up with a window "windows needs to install driver software for your device" and shows 3 options. but fwdm doesnt do eanything. help would be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 08:43 AM

um sorry for the double post. im not sure if this si normal but my status on my fwdn has a red x and fwdn doesnt even respond at all. i install the 2000xp.bat drivers and they dont work. is it vista ? i think it my be my problem

Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM

yeah i guess it is because of vista.... i dont know for sure coz i dont have vista... try in another pc

Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 PM

I just bricked my P2 today . My objective was to switch from KR KR UMS to KR KR MTP. I downgraded to FW 1.15, and everything was fine. However, I then upgraded to FW 1.20 and simotaniously put in the config.dat file. That was when my P2 continuously updated the FW. Unfortunately, a lot of people have had problems switching from UMS to MTP (at least I think). I'll try this out and see what happens.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:52 PM

Ok, I'm stuck on step #7. I held the power down and hit the reset button, and the "new found hardware" popped up. However, it asked me to install the driver, so I saved the zipped file to a folder in my PC. Then I hit "next" and my computer said that it wasn't installing hardware, so it aborted the installation. Now I try to hold the power button down and hit reset when I connect the P2 to the PC, and nothing pops up. Am I doomed?

Last edited by iff2mastamatt; 04-23-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Grammar

Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Now I got to step #9. I used the FWDN, and wrote the file. When I disconnected the P2, nothing happened. No "resource" file; just the same FW update process. UUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Why isn't it being corrected?

Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 PM

Now I have even worse news. My P2 won't even turn on. When I connect it to my PC, it does nothing. I seriously need some help.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 AM

Nice tutorial!

Works fine for the YP-T10 too. I downgraded my T10 from MSC KO3.0 to MTP US/EU2.0 and THEN directly back to MSC KO3.0.

So with this tut you don't need a hacked firmware for the T10 at all... niiiiice

Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
Now I have even worse news. My P2 won't even turn on. When I connect it to my PC, it does nothing. I seriously need some help.
Check if your P2 has battery, maybe thats why it doesnt turn on... leave it connected for some time, and check again.

Then retry all the steps. On the step 7, open the file install2000Xp.bat, it will install the drivers automatically.

You need to select the correct driver manually when installing the USB device, if you just keep pressing next it won't find anything.

If you open that file It will add those drivers to the windows drivers and then you can leave windows to search and detect the correct driver. But, right know you already let it go once. It won't ask for the driver again, unless you connect the P2 to another USB port on your computer or delete the uninstalled device under Device Manager.

Open the install2000Xp.bat and then auto-install, or select manually the driver while installing it.

Then continue with the normal steps...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 PM

I try again. However, the P2 always prompts me to disconnect the P2 after I try to apply the changes.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Still can't get it. When I try to install the driver, my PC can't detect it when I browse for the driver.

I only got 25 days to unbrick my P2 . (Before the 4th Bluwave)

Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM

Please tell me, what steps are done correctly, and in which it doesnt do what it has to do... with this info I'll be able to help better.

If you can install the driver on your PC (are you manually selecting the file when windows ask for a driver? or just try to find it automatically?), try using another PC, laptop, friend's, etc.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 PM

Steps 1-6 are done correctly. Then when the "New Hardware Found" icon pops up, it says "Can windows connect to Windows update to search for new software?". This gives me 3 options: "1). Yes, This time only. 2). Yes, this time and every time I connect a device. 3). No, not this time". I selected "No, not this time". I hit "next" and then the popup asked me "what do you want this wizard to do?". Beneath the question was 2 options: 1). Install the Software Automatically 2). Install from a list or specific location. I selected "select from a specific location". Then I hit "next" and it said if I wanted to choose the driver to install, or to search for the driver in a certain location. (By the way, I have the FWDN files copied to my Desktop). I selected to choose the driver. I selected "next" and it showed the compatible drivers which was "Telechips Firmware Download Driver". I selected the option and hit "next". The popup told me that the driver was not signed by microsoft, but I continued anyways. Then it asked me for vtcdrv file, and asked for me to browse for the location. I hit ok and the FWDN did its thing. Then I hit the "WRITE" button on the FWDN and then desconnected the P2 after it was done loading. I re-booted the P2 and it went through the continous update process again. I re-connected the P2 to my PC after the update, and it did the firmware update again, and then the P2's screen told me to "Disconnect the Cable". Now I'm back to where I started. Any suggestions?

Tags
bricked, firmware, fwdn, loop, update