android
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Stored songs doubled w/ playlist?

Have a Connect with the usual complaints, freezing, laggy interface, but overall, really like it. I just recently started to build playlists for a snowboarding trip and noticed something odd.

If I build a playlist and add it to the player using YMJ, it adds all the songs even if they are already on the player. Is this normal or have I done something in a strange way to cause it? After sycing the playlist, any of the songs that were already on the player show two versions of the song and I'm assuming it also doubles for memory purposes.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytime View Post
If I build a playlist and add it to the player using YMJ, it adds all the songs even if they are already on the player. Is this normal or have I done something in a strange way to cause it? After sycing the playlist, any of the songs that were already on the player show two versions of the song and I'm assuming it also doubles for memory purposes.
Chris
All I can tell you is that this doesn't happen with me when I sync playlists using MediaMonkey.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM

I've downloaded MM, and it looks like a nice program. But it doesn't seem to recognize the external memory. I've looked through the program, and did a quick looksee on the MM help site, and didn't see anything refering to this.

Am I missing something here? I'm really only trying to transfer songs and playlists that include album art w/out doubling up on memory........

Any other ideas on transfer methods?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 AM

That's one flaw (unfortunately a big one IMO) about MediaMonkey. It doesn't recognize external cards in MTP. You'd need to use WMP ... possibly Winamp will work too.