android
Old 02-02-2008, 10:39 PM

Default Should I buy one??

Hi, I am amazed with the archos 605 (4Gb) but i am not sure if I should buy one.

Mi priority is to use it as an mp3 player and secondly as a video player and internet.

I walk a lot, and I intend to carry it in my pocket most of the day. How portable is it? Is it uncomfortable or to big? Do the buttons or screen get tipped while I walk? How sensitive is it?

Can I listen to online radio (or tv) when WiFi around?

Can I Download files, or use Messenger(web messenger is ok)?

When I'm reading my e-mails can I download the attachments?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM

It was a question, not a comment. lol.

Could someone give me some recommendations??

Old 02-04-2008, 11:26 PM

you can fit it in your pocket but you should get the belt clip as it makes it more comfortable if you walk a lot
it can do online radio, video I assume you mean like streaming media like Youtube, most sites for that work also because of the flash support

Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks !!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 PM

Default hmmm...IMO

If you're looking to use it as a MP3 first I'm not sure i would recommend it. The device is a bit large to carry around IMO. It does make a great MP3 player for maybe sitting around and listening to music though. It does have some cool features like the fact it displays the previous track and the next to play on screen, just cool little things like that make it nice but the controls are a little hard to access without looking at the unit as in walking or driving, for me anyways. It would be great if you had a bus or train ride it would be great I think.I guess it would be possible but if I'm just planning on listening to music I tend to grab one of my other players since they tend to be just a bit more on the portable side. You could always pick up a cheap 2GB player (Sansa Clip, Creative Stone perhaps?) and take that while you were walking maybe.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Default hmmm...IMO

If you're looking to use it as a MP3 first I'm not sure i would recommend it. The device is a bit large to carry around IMO. It does make a great MP3 player for maybe sitting around and listening to music though. It does have some cool features like the fact it displays the previous track and the next to play on screen, just cool little things like that make it nice but the controls are a little hard to access without looking at the unit as in walking or driving, for me anyways. It would be great if you had a bus or train ride it would be great I think.I guess it would be possible but if I'm just planning on listening to music I tend to grab one of my other players since they tend to be just a bit more on the portable side. You could always pick up a cheap 2GB player (Sansa Clip, Creative Stone perhaps?) and take that while you were walking maybe.