android
Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Default Lock up issues

has anybody else had Also problems with your device locking up? I just got this thing yesterday and its already locking up on me. I updated to the newest firmware installed the browser plug in and it was fine yesterday, i was streaming videos from various sites just fine but this morning, I disconnected the usb turned it on and all the sudden the search keyboard wouldn't go away when i tapped onto the web page and then it locked up. i reset it and it locked up again! What gives? Also whenever i try to play a video from stage 6 it says something about using an mplayer for a linux os. But i've seen a 605 running videos from stage 6? Anybody happen to know what the deal is with that as well?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 AM

Default ok this is getting bad

man I'm starting to think I got a total lemon here. It only boots up and gets past the "Archos Entertainment your way" maybe 1 out of 5 times i turn it on. Now it turns on and as soon as it boots up it shuts down again, I just found out that's because the battery is completely drained even though the unit was turned completely off last night with a full charge. I assume that I'm turning it off when i hit the power switch and the screen says "suspending...." right? I had such high hopes for this device but it's quickly looking like I bought a total POS.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:01 PM

edrocket

It seems that your archos is full of issues.. the factory is to blame.

You can call it a brick if you want (hehe) seriously consider RMA or return it to store

Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM

Default Just as I thought.

Well according to Archos my unit not only had a faulty flash chip but maybe a bad processor as well. Oh well I took it back and they're sending a new one to my house. Hopefully this one has less issues than the last one.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Just had mine replaced as well after a week.

I also started a new Thread for a 605 reliability survey.