android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Rockbox

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 AM

Default rockboy files not working? checked lots of stickys but cannot find good tutorial.

i am really sorry for the trouble but i have been searching for a good tutorial for rockboy for a long time but i cannot find it. Can someone explain to me or give me a link on where to find a good tutorial (i have a sansa e280 and i use kugels branch)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Default some help...

Heres an explanation.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ansa_e200.html

cheers

Old 02-01-2008, 11:41 AM

ok i understand roughly the steps but do I but the gba folder in my .rockbox folder or in my sansa e200 directory?

Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Default rockboy video tutorial?

hi guys I was just wondering if anyone could make a video tutorial on how to make use rockboy? I have read countless tutorials but nothing is better than a video tutorial and if someone has found one please send me the link (please do NOT send me a written tutorial i have read millions of those and they are too complicated for me) any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Old 02-01-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansae280god View Post
countless tutorials [...] too complicated [...]
... What part don't you understand? You put .gb or .gbc ROMs on the player and you start them.

Quote:
This plugin is a port of GNUboy to Rockbox which allows you to play Gameboy games on your player. It is included in the Rockbox builds and functions as a viewer (you simply select the .gb or .gbc files to launch them). It does not show up in the "Browse Plugins" list. If you have any .sgb ROM files, you must rename them to .gb in order for them to work.
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie.../PluginRockboy

If you don't understand that, you probably shouldn't be using Rockbox at all.

Quote:
ok i understand roughly the steps but do I but the gba folder in my .rockbox folder or in my sansa e200 directory?
If you're not intelligent enough to follow the idiot-proof tutorial Herefornow posted, please just forget about the whole thing...

Quote:
Step 3: Once connected, go to the Start menu on your PC. Go to Start > My Computer. Under 'Other Devices', double left-click the one that says 'Sansa e200'. With the files visible, create a new folder called 'Game Boy', or any other name you wish. You may want to create two folders, one called 'Game Boy' and the other called 'Game Boy Color' if you wish to keep the two types separate.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ansa_e200.html

Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I'm amazed tutorials even exist. The manual description is like 2 sentences long because thats all there is. You copy the file over and then you play the file in rockbox like every other file type rockbox plays. Not sure how you could spend more then 20 or 30 words on that.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I'm amazed tutorials even exist. The manual description is like 2 sentences long because thats all there is. You copy the file over and then you play the file in rockbox like every other file type rockbox plays. Not sure how you could spend more then 20 or 30 words on that.
I completely agree but when i followed the steps when ever select the game it says loading... incompatible model on every game

Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I completely agree but when i followed the steps when ever select the game it says loading... incompatible model on every game
You didn't properly update Rockbox then. Redownload Rockbox and try again.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
How to ask questions the smart way. Read it.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:27 AM

ok now whenever I select a rom a white screen comes and it stays like that...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:00 PM

oh i got it can a mod please close this thread?

Closed Thread