android
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM

Default Protech Full Body Kit and Full Screen Shield

Hi everyone, just letting you all know that the Protech Full Body kit will be available on the www.protechyourdevice.com website this afternoon (US time). There is also a screen shield only if you prefer.

Links:
http://www.protechyourdevice.com/servlet/Detail?no=261 - Full Body Kit
http://www.protechyourdevice.com/servlet/Detail?no=262 - Screen Shield only (completely covers the front as the screen protector that came with the P2 does)

Also, John (founder of Protech) has told me that he has no use for the P2 he purchased to tailor the Protech for, and would like to know if anyone would like to purchase it. It's a 4GB model, I don't know what colour (have asked but waiting for response)... and It will come with a Protech Full Body kit preinstalled.. He's asking for $175USD which I see as a fair deal seeing as it has not been used and comes with a preinstalled Protech Full Body kit. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2008, 04:30 PM

What exactly is the full body kit? Is it just like a screen cover for the back as well as the front?

Old 02-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes, it's exactly as the name suggests. It's made of the thin clear material which coats military chopper blades and is very durable against stratching. The Protech and InvisibleSHIELDs (only Protech have Full Body Kit at this point in time) come with life time warranties so if they scratch/discolor/tear at all, you can get a replacement for free (you pay for shipping the dud back to them, but they pay for the shipping of the replacement to you).

Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Do you know how it attaches to the P2?

Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM

it sticks to the P2 using a spray-on solution. can be removed, washed and reapplied.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:39 AM

It looks pretty interesting. Since there was free shipping to australia, I've ordered it - I will post a review, take pictures while installling it etc... if there is interest.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM

Woow... seems pretty cool... I think I'll get one soon.. my screen protector just got owned =(

Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 PM

heh i just bought mine. I've been waiting for an InvisibleShield to come out with a full body one, but if this is the same material...i'm so stoked and it's cheaper than the invisishield..

thanks for the heads up on this product! and yes installation pics would be cool

Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 AM

i just got mine today in the mail. i live in canada and it came within 1 week. pretty fast, i expected a bit later.

anyhoo. there are instructions that come with it, but there are no pictures. however, applying these skins are identical to the ones to invisible shield and best skin ever.

here's a video on how to apply invisible shield's skin.

http://www.invisibleshield.com/movie/index.php

they use a spray bottle but you can put soap and water in a big bowl and it'll work just as good.

good luck!

now, i'm going to try to put mine's on.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM

any chance of photos when you're done?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 AM

Does full body protection include screen protector for front, back, and left/right sides (where buttons are located)?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 AM

I have order/recieved/installed the fullbody shield from Protech. Its actaully pretty nice, adds a little better grip to the player and is barely noticable. I will just have to wait and see how it does hold up. So far so good with using it with out a case. Putting it on and getting all the air bubbles out is a pain in the ass. It covers the front back top and sides perfectly. It just doesn't protech the bottom.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 AM

Default protech arrived - looks great!

The Protech cover arrived today. Application was pretty much like they advertised in the video (see the above links) - it took about 10 minutes and it wasn't hard.
After it is applied, you can't see the film at all. unfortunately mine arrived with a few small pock marks in the film, a nuisance, but I put it on anyway.
I wish I had waited and wrote for a new cover now... everything else about the product is excellent.
My picture does not do the cover justice - video looks perfect - you cannot see the film at all./ As an extra bonus, the small microscratches that were already on my p2 are completely gone now!
Even if you have a case, i would recommend this cover - just to keep your baby totally scratch-free!!!
BTW - I do not work for Protech, but i do really like their product!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5428.JPG (46.5 KB, 367 views)

Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM

here are a couple of mine with it installed you cant even really tell its there except its slightly gripper than the normal plastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00519.jpg (50.0 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00518.jpg (57.5 KB, 338 views)

Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM

Nice installations guys. It's grippier but that means it's less prone to slide off your desk. Also noticable is that the touch screen is a lot more responsive. I found alot of lint got caught under the film whilst installing so John is sending me another 2 to reinstall. This time I'll make sure I find a clean environment to install it.

My N95 8GB Protech was perfect when I installed it a few months back.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:49 AM

I'm a longtime BESTSKINSEVER-user since my first CREATIVE ZEN VISION:M 30GB two years ago (now 60GB Slim with full-body-BSE since 6 months).
www.bestskinsever.com

Now I need some protection for my new SAMSUNG P2 8GB (once in a lifetime ebay-bargain) and I wonder if this PROTECH-thingy here is so much better than BESTSKINSEVER.
Has somebody here any experience with both skins (BESTSKIN vs. PROTECH)?
I really think that value/price relation-wise BESTSKINSEVER (BSE) are more or less unbeatable.

BUT: I'm kind of annoyed by the visible texture of the BSE (looks like an orange from certain viewing-angles) which doesn't vanish even after months - means it's NOT invisible at all. This PROTECH-skin however seems to be invisible right after you've applied it to the DAP??? If true that's one BIG plus in my book!

And the PROTECH-Skin itself doesn't scratch no matter how hard you try just like the BSE, right?
Thanks for the feedback!
PENGUIN "Caffeine Ultra" AMP & BEYERDYNAMIC DT990 PRO & AKG K271 STUDIO

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 AM

The protech shield is the same as the Invisible Shield that is in the link to the installation video supplied above. The website for the protech is not as informative as the InvisiShield, in that the latter has videos, demonstrations and general info. There is no residue on the shield and is completely scratch proof.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Sure, BESTSKINEVER = PROTECH = INVISIBLESHIELD concerning plain/smooth surface, but does the PROTECH show some orange-like texture at certain viewing-angles like the BESTSKINEVER does?
PENGUIN "Caffeine Ultra" AMP & BEYERDYNAMIC DT990 PRO & AKG K271 STUDIO

Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 PM

The important difference between Protech and InvisiSHIELD is that Protech has free shipping whereas InvisiSHIELD charges 14 dollars to ship a 12 dollar item that could fit in an envelop with a standard 50 cent stamp

Old 02-14-2008, 10:12 PM

I don't think there is the "orange tinge" that you're mentioning. I don't see it on my bro's iTouch and he has the InvisibleShield. I have the protech but i haven't installed it yet, cause I use my P2 everyday to trek to/from UBC and can't possibly leave it at home for 24 hours. Will install on saturday...

Tags
p2, samsung