android
Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Hey, 4DThinker. nice little blog you got.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoobat View Post
Hey, 4DThinker. Nice little blog you got.
Thanks, whoobat. As an educator I like to share what I know.

The P2 has the most posts, mainly because it keeps getting better. If I thought as many people were interested in furniture design (what I teach) as were interested in MP3 players I'd post more about furniture.

4D

Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM

You teach furniture design? I had one semester of that several years ago. It’s not what I wanted to do. I only took it because life drawing class was full. I have to say though that I did have fun designing and building my own furniture. That wood cradle for the ipod on your blog is a nice idea. I think I’d like to have one for my P2. I don’t care for the little plastic cradle that came with the p2.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:52 PM

I'm heading into Car Design in the fall.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
I'm hoping for a 32GB version. Samsung may think it will steal sales from their hard drive models, or be too expensive for the US market.
Same here as I am for a 32gb P2 OR Sony. The first to get 1 off and I'm there as the SQ is supposed to be pretty much comparable between the 2 ( the extra features and touch/tactile combo of the P2 would be icing on my cake).
I would really prefer the P2 though as the option to customize the wallpaper alone is a BIG draw for me (small for some but it shows it belongs to you that way).

Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Same here as I am for a 32gb P2 OR Sony. The first to get 1 off and I'm there as the SQ is supposed to be pretty much comparable between the 2 ( the extra features and touch/tactile combo of the P2 would be icing on my cake).
I would really prefer the P2 though as the option to customize the wallpaper alone is a BIG draw for me (small for some but it shows it belongs to you that way).
In my opinion, The Sony NWZ-A829 has a definate sound advantage over the P2. Wired or wireless.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
In my opinion, The Sony NWZ-A829 has a definate sound advantage over the P2. Wired or wireless.
Then I may just stay with the Cowon/Sony lineup then. Thanks for your honesty.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
I hate to be a spoiler but the US may not get the 16GB YP-P2. Since US consumers didn't get the 8 GB YP-10 or the 8 GB YP-T9, it's not hard to believe the 16GB P2 isn't coming here. If it were coming, you'd think there would be some reference on the Samsung or a retailer website by now. If Best Buy USA were going to carry it, it would at least be in thier database since it's been in the Canadian database for weeks. S. Korea, Canada, Asia-Pacific, and maybe the EU will enjoy the higher capacity P2.
Mid-July 08 and no 16 GB P2 in the States. Anyone still think it's coming? Just in case your still an optimist, I would expect the replacement for the P2 to break cover in August or September and hit the shelves in October or November...pretty much the same one year product cycle life as the Z5 & T9. Not much time to justify filling the U.S. supply chain with a new version. It could come but I doubt it.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
It looks like the US may be getting a 16GB P2 this summer. This story is about an April 25th electronics show.
This would not be the first time Samsung folks were reported to disclose a mp3 player was US bound at a electronics show and it never materialized.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...bile-phone.php

"We were reporting a while back about the T9 Bluetooth player, but when it hit the shores of the US, Samsung had stripped the Bluetooth. Now the Bluetooth T9, appropriately dubbed T9B, will indeed be hitting the US come March and will retail for $159 for the 2GB and $209 for the 4GB. Both are about a $30 premium over the Bluetoothless T9s."

Today is August 11 and there still are no 16GB P2s at US retailers. Summer is coming to a close and Canada has been selling 16GB units for over 4 months now.

I seriously doubt they are ever coming. Maybe a new player is bound for the US market but not the 16GB P2s.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Samsung Moderator

It seems that P2 16gb is not produced anymore. I'm waiting for confirmation of my contact at Samsung