android
Old 01-30-2008, 01:40 PM

Excellent!
Thanks Ryan. Will look forward to your feedback.

I did also consider the Jabra's. But all the reviews I've seen are very middle of the line.

Help me justify the need to spend more $$$ than I don't have!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 AM

Well, I never received my plantronics 855 last night as they promised. Maybe tonight. I am a little disappointed with the Jabra's connection with the 2 devices. As i said earlier, the P2 wont pause when a call is being received. It will disconnect and you have to reconnect it. Not a pain, but not automatic like the 855. Anyway, after i receive the 855, i will repost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-jump View Post
Excellent!
Thanks Ryan. Will look forward to your feedback.

I did also consider the Jabra's. But all the reviews I've seen are very middle of the line.

Help me justify the need to spend more $$$ than I don't have!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned

If anyone wants an inexpensive Bluetooth headphone with a mic, Best Buy sells this Insignia set for around $50. I have it, and it works great with both my P2 and any other bluetooth device/adapter I've tried it with.

Con: earpiece covers have been coming off. They appear to be designed to change as it takes a quick turn to release them. Problem is that sometimes they release themselves.

Pro: Comfortable, has controls on the ear for pause/play, volume +/-, and track >>/<<. Recharger included, and will also recharge when plugged into active USB port. Battery lasts longer than I have ever listened to music in a week. I've had them several weeks and only charged them twice.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Default Bluetooth Device Connection Problem

Hi all,

I just purchased the YP-P2 today, and am having a problem with it. I have been able to pair it to my Jabra BT8010 headset, and it plays fine. However, whenever my player or my headset are turned off, when I turn them back on I get a "Connection failed" message, and I have to go in, repair the two, enter my headset passkey, and then it will play again. Why do I have to re-enter the passkey every time something powers off?

I would really appreciate some advice- thanks.

P.S.- I have firmware version US 2.15

Old 05-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Upgrade the firmware to the latest version.... that solves most of the BT re-connection issues.. the earlier firmwares were a bit troublesome in that regard. Check the firmware thread for instructions (if you need) ...firmware link is here.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:58 AM

Well, since no one is really replieing in the headphone forum, I thought I'd ask here. Does any one know how the sq is with sonys HBH-DS980 and doesn't it look very similar to the cx300s or the e630s?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Well, I never received my plantronics 855 last night as they promised. Maybe tonight. I am a little disappointed with the Jabra's connection with the 2 devices. As i said earlier, the P2 wont pause when a call is being received. It will disconnect and you have to reconnect it. Not a pain, but not automatic like the 855. Anyway, after i receive the 855, i will repost.
Well? It's been a couple of months. How do you like them? I'm so sick of getting this cord yanked out of my ear every time I bend down to empty the grass bag on the lawnmower or gets caught on a knob in the kitchen. I love the look of the 855 and looks 300% more comfy than the S9.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:05 AM

My Plantronics 855 isn't found by the P2. Both the 855 and P2 can find my LG Voyager phone, though, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The P2 can't see mono earpieces. The 855 appears to be stereo but it may not report itself as a stereo headset when the P2 searches.