android
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Album Art Aggregator

Well, i've been searching for some time a program that would download my album arts, but problem i came across was that I had to manually search for each album art one by one.... god that took forever. Well i found an awesome little app that would do that for me.

I use winamp, and have it set to put all my music as follows in rockbox:
/MUSICA/<artist>/<album>/<song title>.mp3

Well, this little app, uses the directory structure to download ALL my album arts and store it in the album direct as cover.jpg which is awsome!! and i can also manually search for certain covers that turn out to be wrong.

Then to convert the jpg to bmps, i use a program called Advanced Batch Converter and while i set it to convert the jpgs to bmps fairly easily while scaling them down to 150x150. The problem with this program is that you can only do 6 at a time, so you do is, use batch mode, select the folder where your music is in, then click Add All. It will search for all .jpg files and add them to the list on the left. Select the top 6 album arts, this won't do anything yet. Click the start button, and it'll convert the first 6 pictures, then after you close the window that pops up, click remove and the top 6 you have select are removed. Click start again, the next 6 are done, close the window and click remove again and the next 6 are removed. Note: When you delete the 6 covers from the list, the next 6 are then selected.

Here are the links to these apps:
http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/

http://www.batchconverter.com/

Hope this helps!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2008, 01:21 PM

I use another cool tool to convert jpg's to bmp, you can grab it here. It's called H3XX Album Art Manager, and the bmp's work fine with Rockbox. I'll take a look at your downloader tool as well!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:55 AM

cool, thanks for the link, but your link is dead.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM

Here is the correct link: http://subterraneanp.googlepages.com...lbumartmanager

Old 01-31-2008, 07:11 PM

Sorry for that, and thanks Capn! I love the tool. It resized all my album art in 2 minutes.