android
Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I don't know if you were unlucky.. but they said they'll send back my P2 using UPS 2nd Day.

My P2 got there last Monday and I'm not sure.. I think they had to wait or send it to Samsung for replacement (it says they repaired it, but I'm not sure - I called CVE and asked the detail, but they don't know what they did), they started repairing on 2/19 and it's done today for shipment.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm still waiting on mine... two months without my P2 and counting...

Old 02-21-2008, 12:46 AM

I noticed the shipping weight is 2.0lbs (sent by Samsung). When I sent mine, it only weighed 0.40 lbs.. so could that mean they're sending me a new unopened box?

On the phone, they said UPS 2nd day, but on the tracking, it says UPS Ground.. according to the tracking, it should get here by 2/27.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 AM

Will receive mine today. I'll update you with some news. Hopefully, they sent me a new box package, because it seems like so. 0.40 lbs shipment returning back to me as 2.0 lbs, that's something..

You know, other than their representatives being unknowledgeable for the most part and slow, I thought their services were great. I don't know what my P2 was doing for one whole week (they received it on 2/11 according to UPS, started to fix on 2/20), but once they started to fix it, it only took about a day and shipped it right away.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echamp1 View Post
I'm still waiting on mine... two months without my P2 and counting...

echamp... did u get urz?

Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 AM

hey guys. Yeah, it came in last week. I have to hand it to Samsung, they sent it earlier than I expected. It works perfectly so far. However, I'm beginning to fall for the smooth interface of the ipod touch, and am considering selling my P2 to save up for that. Any advice?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Banned

I've got a Touch too, and also like it. I'll warn you though, mine just failed with the white-screen-of-death. With no Apple store in Kansas to walk it back into, I'm stuck shipping it back to Apple. Not a happy camper. ;(

Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 PM

heres what i posted on "strangeswest" topic

samsung technical service America is the worst A/S i have ever experienced.....well second after HP A/S.They like to never ever never ever never never ever pick up the god damn phone during like 2 or 3 hours they're opened. and they 말씨버(chew your words?) so much...it has became like a habit. one of the biggest regret in my life was doing the survey on phone and giving good grade for there tech service. i had to call around 15 times(no exaggeration) to get my yp-z5 fixed internally. freaking out everyday b/c warranty was like week left. one of the times...dude picked up and put me on hold and left...those fu@ckers...i recall and it was closed. wow. assho;es. other time they just simply hung up and i recalled. they put me on hold for like 20 min and nothing solved. wow....i was so pissed.

case #2...my camcorder broke due to poorly made product so they told me to send it....i did....address and all..........guess what. it never came back!!!!!!! and they said they send it and have nothing to do w/ it. im going =o wtf@!!!!!!!

so dont expect anything good from those ppl i have grudge on. samsung Ameica A/S is my soul enemy .V.
i give A/S -10/10
go kill yourself samsung A/S

so conclusion....im to scared to buy another samsung product. knowing they are made in china and never know when they are going to break, and a F- A/S....go get a cowon or iriver or something

Old 03-01-2008, 04:33 AM

A/S does mean after sales right?

Now it isnt your fault if the after sales over there is sooo bad

Old 03-01-2008, 06:02 AM

A/S = After Service

Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 PM

reading this thread makes me sad. hahaha. I sent my p2 out last week, got a delivery confirmation saying it's been delivered to the New Jersey service center, but when I checked "MySamsung" it says my status is : "open" and that my product has not arrived yet. Should i be worried???

Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM

yes.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 AM

Angry

This is just great.. All of after 2 months after buying the P2, it went dead and wont wake up how much ever i press its belly button (read - reset). Even tho i got it from US, i live in India and when i went to samsung support here, they say that this device is quite unknown in these parts of the world and i would need to GO to US, and get it serviced over there.. Warranty is also limited to only US & Canada.. I am stuck with a dead P2 now.. After reading the posts here, i think even if i actually manage to get to US and let the samsung service folks lay their hands on it, i stand a one i a billion chance to get it serviced and returned back to me.. I guess i should have heeded to my granny's advice and bought that ipod touch instead.

Last edited by odyssey045; 07-01-2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Add text

Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echamp1 View Post
Anyone else have serious problems with Samsung's support system?
I ran into the endless firmware upgrade problem that several other users have had, and sent my 8bg player in to be repaired. Well, nearly a month later, I finally got a player back from them, but they sent me a 4gb Best Buy version!
I'm trying to get it worked out, but they are decidedly slow to reply to e-mails.
I tried calling tech support, but the guy who answered was not helpful, asking me to send the player back again, and then transferred me over to another department, (but the lines were busy and I was disconnected). Personally, I think Samsung should be the one covering all charges at this point and ship me my correct player overnight.

What would you guys do?
Nope, happens to me too. When redeeming waranties sometimes require that. Just make sure you make a copy of the warranty. And read the by-laws of it.
Geforce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Sata 0 - 300gb maxtor, Sata 1 - Philips dvd-burner 20x, Ide - 10gb maxtor....lmao

Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM

sounds like samsung's service isn't that great
i personally sent in a new player with a screen defect and it hasn't been used
they sent me back a play with a scratch on the screen and its cant even close! =[
i argued with the ECR for a while for a new one and i just sent it in today..
i wonder if i would really get a new one back

so sad =[