android
Old 01-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Default Samsung Support

Anyone else have serious problems with Samsung's support system?
I ran into the endless firmware upgrade problem that several other users have had, and sent my 8bg player in to be repaired. Well, nearly a month later, I finally got a player back from them, but they sent me a 4gb Best Buy version!
I'm trying to get it worked out, but they are decidedly slow to reply to e-mails.
I tried calling tech support, but the guy who answered was not helpful, asking me to send the player back again, and then transferred me over to another department, (but the lines were busy and I was disconnected). Personally, I think Samsung should be the one covering all charges at this point and ship me my correct player overnight.

What would you guys do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echamp1 View Post
Anyone else have serious problems with Samsung's support system?
I ran into the endless firmware upgrade problem that several other users have had, and sent my 8bg player in to be repaired. Well, nearly a month later, I finally got a player back from them, but they sent me a 4gb Best Buy version!
I'm trying to get it worked out, but they are decidedly slow to reply to e-mails.
I tried calling tech support, but the guy who answered was not helpful, asking me to send the player back again, and then transferred me over to another department, (but the lines were busy and I was disconnected). Personally, I think Samsung should be the one covering all charges at this point and ship me my correct player overnight.

What would you guys do?

hell no!!.. they sent u a 4gb player...darn! that sux... i must say that samsung doesn't provide gud customer service... that is just ridiculous that they send u a 4gb player instead of a 8gb... i think just call them like everyday or go to a dealership where u live, they might help u.. 'm not sure... u can also try to contact samsung's office in the city where u live... they might just have one...

Old 01-24-2008, 05:22 PM

thats damn lame!
make sure you have the receipt as proof of purchase of the 8 other wise they might just jip you over in what you jut got.

keep everything you've sent, received and the receipt. no way are they going to rob you 4gb! >=(

Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 AM

That is so unfair. Yeah Samsung should be the one paying for the shipping charges according to me, cmon it wasnt even your fault. Make sure you got that receipt saying its a 8gb if u dont, then i really dont know what you can do...
All the best

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM

I sent them an e-mail last week to ask something about my p2 registration and they didn't answer me yet... so yeah! samsung custumer service sucks!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM

I find that calling them is much more effective and there is usually not a long wait.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM

That does sound like some bad service. I have only contacted the once before, but it was a pretty good experience. It was by phone and I was talking to an actual person in less than 5 minutes. They took care of my problem.

Never had to deal with trying to get a replacement for any of my Samsung products though, so i can not speak to that. Hopefully this is more an isolated case, as I have a crap load of Samsung products.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 AM

kk... so here's the deal with samsung support
by phone is much much faster 1-800-SAMSUNG
when you're getting your service, they make you send it out to one of their authorized service centers (it's not samsung that does the servicing)

echamp1 if you're gonna complain you should get the name of the servicing place by calling samsung wit your transaction number and then take your fight there...

i bricked my p2 by pressing the reset button (the p2 froze so i pressed it)... i called samsung and within 5 minutes i hung up the phone with information to the authorized service center nearest my house (the one in Long Beach... company name is Koambra... their legit in servicing samsung products... koambra.com) the guy at samsung told me either to mail it in or stop by the place with a transaction # he gave me and without any further questions asked he told me I'd get in 14 days. quick and easy people... if you know how to talk~

Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Why is it that the nearest service location that I can find on their website is in New Jersey? I live near Sacramento in California... that definitely adds to the weeks it took to get the player back in the first place.

Anyway, I'm STILL trying to get this fixed by Samsung. I've called every number I can find and either I get no answer, or the service representatives can't do anything, end up making a note somewhere in their database, and ask me to call back later. The soonest I can reach executive costumer relations is going to be Monday.

What's really frustrating is that I don't know how I can prove what happened to them if they ask for proof. Whoever handled my player peeled my original serial# sticker and put it on the 4 gig model, leaving me looking like the culprit trying to con Samsung out of another 8gb. There is another service sticker they slapped onto the player, but I don't know if that will help.

The only thing I can use in my defense is that they included a little note with the player that stated what they fixed, and it had nothing to do with my original firmware cycling problem. The problem it talks about it some battery charging issue.

I'll keep you guys updated if they actually help me out. I own many Samsung products too, and I'd hate to think that warranty on all of them is simply bust.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 PM

Man is samsung support a pain in the ass. Not only are they incredibly rude over the phone, but they're saying that the support center doesn't have any black 8gb models. They only have it in red, and they won't be getting restocked till the end of February. They're a repair center, how can they let themselves get out of stock?!
I'm so frustrated... I bought my p2 in December, and I've actually only ever used it for half a week before I had to send it in for repair. 2 months later and i'm still waiting.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

I've only contacted Samsung once (via email) about anything. Two weeks later I'm surprised to find an email response from them, with my email quoted below their response. I'd asked them when I could expect the "fixed" 3.07 firmware to be re-released. Their response was something like: "We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your YP-P2. Please try pressing the reset button on the back of the device. If that does not work, please upgrade your firmware. If that doesn't work please format your device then reinstall your media files."

It was very clear they had not even read my email.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM

I sent my P2 8G with UPS 2 day shipping (arrived today according to the tracking) along with notes, transaction number, and sales receipt.

I talked to four different representatives for 47 minutes to hear their final response 'send your unit.'

They said it would take about five days, but reading many responses on here makes me really wonder.

Don't I suppose to get a replacement P2 (brand new) for something that has gaps on the both sides? Originally, the right side of frontal LCD case just came off. I pressed it down to keep it intact, but now there's a gap that causes buttons to be loose.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Oh, by the way, sent it to New Jersey, CVE INC.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM

good luck with that... according to the rep I talked to, all 8gb models (except red) are out of stock. I guess you and I will be sitting without a P2 till the end of February when they get shipments in from Korea.

Oh, and I guarantee that it will come to us via slow & unreliable UPS ground.
Someone should really speak to a supervisor on the phone, the execute customer relations people I talked to don't seem to be trained at all in customer relations. I asked to be contacted when the new shipments came in, and he says, "what do you expect, an e-mail? Try calling us back in a few weeks..."

Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 PM

I have a red wine 8GB.. so does that mean I will get replaced with new red wine 8gb P2?

Well, I talked to one level 1 rep, two level 2 reps, and two customer relations executives.

It seemed like level 2 reps had more knowledge than customer relations.. I'm serious.

Did they call you once they received your unit? Because I think I got a call from them, but I wasn't able to answer them. And they're not answering now.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM

I have KR firmware installed though. Would it matter? I was thinking they might consider I bought it from Korea so they might not honor the warranty or charge me for modification of the unit..?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 AM

No one ever called me, and they gave me the impression that they didn't want the responsibility of calling me. They had my latest player for a week and didn't bother calling me to let me know what was going on.

I guess you're lucky, you'll get your player, but anyone who owns a black 8gb is out of luck for the next few weeks.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 AM

I guess I will try call tomorrow morning and let you guys know.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:12 AM

echamps1, have you ever called CVE Inc. before?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 AM

Yeah, they either never answer or the redirect me to samsung support. Last time they did that, the samsung support guy even wondered why I had been redirected.