android
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 AM

Default EQ settings for the D2!

Is there anyone here with a Cowon D2 + BeyerDynamic DT770(the 2x80oHm version)?

I'm having problems setting the equalizer... Using FW 5.53. (Japanese)

If someone could write down their EQ-setting, and specify what type of music they use it for, as well as what headset that works well with your "personal" EQ-setting we could make a list here in the first post? =)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2008, 10:53 AM

A 5.xx firmware? I thought they only go up to 4!

I do have the DT770/80, and like with other phones I leave the EQ neutral. Only BBE at level 1 and M3B at level 5. That sounds good to me.

A good EQ hint for you might be to use negative values instead of positive ones - that prevents distortion and clipping. For example, if you want to boost bass and treble don't use +6 0 0 +2 +3, but use 0 -6 -6 -4 - 3 instead.

The preset EQ settings from Cowon are pretty insane, they are way too extreme... not exactly what I call a "subtle" adjustment.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
A 5.xx firmware? I thought they only go up to 4!

I do have the DT770/80, and like with other phones I leave the EQ neutral. Only BBE at level 1 and M3B at level 5. That sounds good to me.

A good EQ hint for you might be to use negative values instead of positive ones - that prevents distortion and clipping. For example, if you want to boost bass and treble don't use +6 0 0 +2 +3, but use 0 -6 -6 -4 - 3 instead.

The preset EQ settings from Cowon are pretty insane, they are way too extreme... not exactly what I call a "subtle" adjustment.
Hehe, if u check the japanese pages, you'll find a 5.53 fw version for the D2 with TV. Their FW started at 5.50 so there has not been much development.

Yea I've noticed that if u try to turn the equilizer up the sound gets too "mighty". I'll try tip as well! Thanks!