android
Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Default When will the 16GB D2 be out?

I remember that it was announced on July. I have read that Cowon takes forever on these. Well it's been half a year now, how soon do you think Cowon will release their 16GB D2? I really want to buy it as soon as possible since I'm sick of my 4GB Creative Zen Micro. What's going to bum me out is that Creative will release a 32GB Zen soon. It would be nice to have a 32GB D2 without the use of a SDHC. But the Zen just doesn't cut it when it comes to features compared to the D2.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cowon is typically expensive, i can't imagine what a 32gb D2 would cost! Anyways...in regards to your question...

i have no idea...but no one really knows until a date is announced...generally we don't have any inside sources so we know what we hear online, unless Enzo has spoken directly with a company. I think he's fond of Cowon so maybe he heard something at CES...guess we'll have to see

Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Redneck Moderator

Even if you hear it Directly from Cowon... I'd take it with a grain of salt. And unless they fix the file number limit on the D2, then having that much more capacity wont really help to much, unless your using large sized files. Right now, I'd just go with the 8GB player and just get a couple of SD cards. Its going to make your boot time faster like that and you'll still have plenty of storage.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM

I think the only problem I have with using SD cards is that it will reduce the battery life. But it doesn't mean I won't use SD cards. I just want to avoid having to used the SD card till I absolutely need it. My music library is getting closed to 8gb. I do know that the iAudio 7 just released their 16gb. So I'm hoping that the D2 will come out soon.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:35 PM

The 16GB D2 always was an unconfirmed rumor. Cowon never said they'd make one.

They're already working on the D3, so I don't see an upgraded D2 being released...

Old 01-26-2008, 03:30 AM

I just realized that it was just a rumor of having a 16gb D2. Is it somewhat pointless for Cowon to release a 16gb D2 when people can just buy a 8gb SDHC for their 8gb D2? Those 16gb SDHC are expensive as hell right now, I wonder if that's stopping them from making a 16gb d2 since it's already an expensive player. What's with that cap I read about SDHC cards with limiting their number of files?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:45 AM

I don't think it's the SDHC card. I believe it's the D2 that will only recognize up to 3k files.