android
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Default database freezing

I've been trying to update the database in rockbox but it always says updating and stays like that forever. I noticed that under database info there is no RAM cache and db ready. Would enabling RAM cache and db ready help? If so how do i turn those on? Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 PM

DB ready? No idea what that is, but as for the options to turn on, try turning on Load to RAM by going Settings -> General Settings -> Database -> Load to RAM -> Yes.

Also turn on Directory Cache, by going Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Disk -> Directory Cache -> Yes.

If all these don't work, try opening your Sansa with a file-browser on your computer and deleting all the *.tcd files in the root of your rockbox directory, and then reboot and reinitialise.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM

I don't have either of those options. Checked for .tcd files but found none. I'm running rockbox version r16130-080121 is that the newest version?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:56 PM

Could it be the same bad tag problem I had?

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=23106

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplum1556 View Post
I don't have either of those options. Checked for .tcd files but found none. I'm running rockbox version r16130-080121 is that the newest version?
You don't have either of those options? I don't think it needs to be a new version, those options have been there for a while. That's rather wierd...

And you checked the .rockbox folder for tcd files?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 PM

There was a file called "database.ignore" in the root folder. I don't know where the hell that came from but i deleted it and its working fine now. Would the RAM cache and db ready make a difference when watching movies cause right now when i'm watching movies it stutters a little?