Thanks to Jake
off of the Sandisk Sansa Forums. It is a part of having firmware update issues, tho, but part of the step should work. Here is the link
to the thread on Sandisk Sansa forums.
Here is the steps if the link does not work.
1. Download the firmware file by clicking on this link. Note, I only have the version for Americas.
2. Unzip the files into a folder. You'll see a file called "StMp3Rec.sys", move this to "C:\windows\system32\drivers\". If you already have this driver, no need to overwrite the files.
3. You should also see another folder, this is the firmware update folder.
4. Back up everything that's on your device. The firmware update may delete your files!
5. Press and hold the (-) volume button while plugging in device to PC. This took me a couple of tries, but eventually it connects with a drive letter instead of the "Sansa Express".
6. If there's message asking to install driver, please choose "Yes, one time only" and follow the steps to complete driver installation. You should already have the driver as it is included in the zip, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to verify.
7. Now open up the firmware folder and double click on "SansaExpressUpdater.exe"
8. A message will appear informing you that updating this firmware will erase everything on your device. NOTE: If you have not backed up your data, then please do so, or you'll be sorry! Once backed up, go ahead with the update process
9. Once the update is completed, click on "Finish" and wait for 2 seconds before unpluging your Sansa Express from the computer. This ensures it is updated completely.
10. Now, you've completed updating your device.
So far, it is confirmed to work on Windows XP.