android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM

Default All about the battery. Expected lifespan? Specs? Charging tips?

First let me say that this is a great website and forum, some fantastic info!

Background:
I am 99% sure I want a 4GB Clip. This will be my first DAP and I have been looking and researching for about a year (I am really picky). I will use it mostly in my car through aux input jack (3.5 mm) playing 75% music (jambands, jazz, rock) and 25% podcasts. I like the small size, screen, no video/pics, and seems easy to use. HOWEVER, my main concern is the battery. I am fussy about taking care of my stuff and am on a pretty tight budget so I need something that is reliable and will last as long as possible. If this took a AAA NiMH it would be PERFECT! So.....

1. How long should I expect the battery to last? (Years? Hours? Charging cycles? not shure how this is usually stated)

2. If I could get the specs for the battery I could look for a repleacement as I am willing to attempt a DIY R&R even if I had to glue it back together.

3. To maximize the batery life should I run it on a car charger while in use or not? I have heard conflicting things on the value of car chargers (at least in relation to cell phones).

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Matt

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]