android
Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 AM

Default So about that dictionary...

I've been moseying around the forums and decided the d2 was the player for me based on the screen, battery life, and reviews. So I just ordered it:celebrates: Then I find it has a firmware update that includes a Korean-English dictionary(aw, I love the greater heights of awesomeness). So cool since I'm moving to Korea next month and was planning on buying one before I leave. So, has anyone tried to use the dictionary?
Cowon D2 4 GB-Black
Archos 5 Android- Black
Currently-Sansa Clip+

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2008, 05:54 AM

The dictionary has been there for a long time, but only in the Korean firmware versions (the 3.xx firmwares), not in the international versions (2.xx).

You have to install the dictionary files separately, they can be found here: http://board.cowon.com/zeroboard/zbo...4&bmenu=iAUDIO

The full version is about 400MB, the "lite" version about 40MB, if I remember correctly.

(No, I didn't try it.)

Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 AM

Hmm... Question, while I would like an English dictionary as provided, it would be awesome to have a Spanish dictionary too-- actually, super-awesome.

I figure I might as well ask since this thread is going... What about other languages? I cant read that webpage ^.^

Are there universal dictionary files? Or just ones for Cowon?

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Those are the only dictionaries for the D2. They're only intended for the Korean market anyway, that's why they're not in the international firmware versions.

They're obviously made by a company named "Powerdic", so maybe Google brings something relevant up for you.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Alright, it was worth asking, I'll go looking for a bit and check back later.

Thanks ^.^

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 01-23-2008, 02:27 PM

I just got my new toy in yesterday and have been enjoying all its great little features. ances in a circle: Ebooks are pretty readable, I've found so nice little flash games, and it loaded some videos and music reasonably fast. Oh, and the dictionary should prove extremely effective when I get to Korea since it has the actual Hangul characters. Awesome.
Cowon D2 4 GB-Black
Archos 5 Android- Black
Currently-Sansa Clip+

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM

Good to hear! I wish mine was as useful to me. It looks like a Spanish dictionary would cost me $20 bucks and weeks of reprogramming... But lordy, I use the crap out of that thing. The battery life is the kicker to me-- I recharged that brand-new e280 twice a day listening to only music! Its ridiculous! 2 hours of music and the battery is completely shot. I should RMA it. Again.

Just have to find a good filter replacement for the X3i's, as good a phone as they are with it, the build quality really isn't that good. I don't know what batch I got, since the cables still are great after 40 hours of use, but the nozzle filters are coming loose and beginning to fall into the casing. I had a guy with some Skullcandy phones tell me my x3i's sound "just like normal earbuds", and that his Skullcandy phones are far superior. I laughed in his face for a long time.