android
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 PM

Default On device Delete on c250v2?

I was looking at the new c250v2 players in Best Buy but I could only see them in the packaging so I could not check out the menus. This left me with a questions...

On the both the View and the Clip they have added the ability to delete files through the menus on the device. I am wondering if anyone has one of these new c200v2 players can tell me if you can now delete files through the device as well.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Default mmm not really

I have a sansa c250 v2, and there isn't any way to delete files trough the device menus.
More over, they've disabled the option in the menu to switch between MTP and MSC mode, and left only the MTP option. Because of that, Rockbox doesn't support v2 devices.
The only good thing I found in this version that v1 don't have, is support for microSDHC cards

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsuribaby View Post
I have a sansa c250 v2, and there isn't any way to delete files trough the device menus.
More over, they've disabled the option in the menu to switch between MTP and MSC mode, and left only the MTP option. Because of that, Rockbox doesn't support v2 devices.
The only good thing I found in this version that v1 don't have, is support for microSDHC cards
Yes you can delete files.. Firmware Version V03.02.05A

You can get into MSC mode by turning on Hold (Lock) press and hold the |<< button and then plug in your cable..

Rockbox is not support because the V2 uses a different chip set then the v1 NOTHING to do with the MTP MSC Modes..

FYI anyone with a V2 I STRONGLY Recommend you using MTP Mode AND Windows Media Player 11 to sync up your Music.. This seems to be the only program that will put in the correct Album files on the player so you get that functionality.

I have both a V1 and a V2 and I like the V2 much better.. The scroll bars have changed the option to delete is add (Tho with a unreleased Firmware you can Delete Song option on the v1)

Old 01-10-2008, 06:53 AM

Default Yes you're right

Yes, I can plug my device with MSC mode this way, but it's not somthing they write on the manual so i had to find it in the forums. it's very lumpy, and sometimes you have to unplug it and wait couple of minutes for it to finish "Refreshing Database" and than plug it again, which is very anoying.
You right that it's working better in MTP mode but for someone who wants to use it also as a disk-on-key I really don't recommend it.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Itsuribaby, the "Refrashing Database" is normal in MSC mode. Just one thing with MTP mode is not all computers like MTP mode devices.