android
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM

Default Using Amarok

I use Amarok in Linux to add/delete (drag and drop) my music files. But, so far I can't with the E260 I bought. The player is autodetected by Amarok but nothing is happening. Is it mounted?

It reads 'Building Collection Database' and that's it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM

I recommend using MSC mode, MSC seems to work better with Amarok (And with Linux overall)

Last edited by gabe565; 06-23-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:35 PM

I am using MSC mode.

I am also wondering what the answer is to the question as I find this 'mounting' in Amarok to not be user-friendly. 'Might as well use Windoze.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 AM

i finally got amarok to work by installing and running a script called 'usb-device'

recognizes the player no prob now

i think i still had a problem with it dumping mp3's into the root directory on the sansa rather than the music folder, but i haven't played with it too much (wife is hogging my player! ha ha ha)

Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 PM

I had the same issue with my Sansa Clip as you seemed to be having (i.e. able to browse, but unable to transfer music). I solved my problem by telling Ubunutu to mount my Sansa Clip as "/media/SANSA_CLIP" instead of "/media/SANSA CLIP" The space in the name was causing Amarok issues when trying to transfer files. I got Ubuntu (gnome) to change the mount point by right clicking on the "SANSA CLIP" icon that was on my desktop, then I selected the "Volume" tab, and then in the "Mount Point:" Field, I entered "SANSA_CLIP"

The tools expect the name of the directory that will be mounted under "/media/" DON"T use any /'s in the name, or you won't be able to mount your clip at all. If you do run into issues, you can fix any mistakes using the gconf-editor command.