android
Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 PM

Default New Connect coming - Can I just drag and drop?

OK, couple of simple questions for someone currently using a Cowon D2 and with a Sansa 8Gb e280 that I'll be replacing with a Connect.

The Sansa 8Gb came around Christmas and I don't like it as I can't just drag and drop files using windows explorer. The Cowon D2 functions just like a hard drive. I drag and drop, create folders in multiple layers etc - and it reads just fine. Not with the Sansa e280.

Now I'll be dumping the e280 for a Sansa Connect for the wifi capability. Any way I can just drag and drop files using Windows explorer?

Also, is there a 'For Sale' group on this forum?

Thanks,
ULUL

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As for as I know, the Connect is MTP, not MSC.

There is no "For Sale" area.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:39 PM

Thanks. I'll have to educate myself as to what MTP and MTC is about.

Thanks for the headsup on no 'FS'. Someone from another more specialized forum suggested that I come over and post here.

Thanks,
ULUL

Old 01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Here is some info on MSC and MTP: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...read.php?t=495.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 PM

I own a connect and I love it. You can definitely drag and drop songs using Windows Explorer. I should note that the Sansa Connect isn't nearly as powerful without the Yahoo Music To Go subscription. That allows you to take advantage of 2 million songs in Yahoo's library and you can also download them directly to your device via WiFi.

-ML

Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post
OK, couple of simple questions for someone currently using a Cowon D2 and with a Sansa 8Gb e280 that I'll be replacing with a Connect.

The Sansa 8Gb came around Christmas and I don't like it as I can't just drag and drop files using windows explorer.
This didn't sound right to me, so I just now did a Google search, and saw quite a few articles mentioning that the e280 can be put into MSC mode, and files can be drag-and-dropped into it.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Both the Sansa View 8GB (with a special key combination) and all the Sansa e200 series (v1) support MSC mode where the player shows up as a hard drive.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Default drag and drop works here too.

I drag and drop to my sansa e280 as well.
Don't give up on it yet. Are you using Windows or Linux?
I can tell you how to use it in Linux, as well as how to mount it for easy use.
Steve

Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 AM

Steve, you were able to get it working in linux? (the connect specifically)

Libmtp 0.2.4 still doesn't seem to work propperly with it, and neither do 0.2.0-0.2.3...?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Thanks. REALLY appreciate all the responses. Can the Connect be put in MSC mode also? Wish I had known about the e280 being MSC capable.

What I mean is that I'd like to just hook up the Connect to the Explorer, and then drag multiple music folders into the drive and when going to look for music, see the folders and names just as I dragged it in.

Thanks again!
ULUL

Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post
Thanks. REALLY appreciate all the responses. Can the Connect be put in MSC mode also? Wish I had known about the e280 being MSC capable.

What I mean is that I'd like to just hook up the Connect to the Explorer, and then drag multiple music folders into the drive and when going to look for music, see the folders and names just as I dragged it in.

Thanks again!
ULUL
The Connect is MTP only, but that doesn't stop you from dragging-and-dropping songs into it via Windows Explorer. You just drag to something like (I don't have my Connect with me right now) My Computer\Sansa Connect\Internal Memory. The Connect itself will not display the folders (the songs will still be displayed using their ID3 tags), but I believe has no problem with the songs being arranged in folders within its memory.