In celebration of the New Year and in the spirit of CES 2008 let’s see who can come up with the most convincing fake. Be creative, give the player a name- im sure many of you can do better than some of Sony’s hard to remember alphanumeric titles or Creative’s latest lack of adjective Zen. Give the player specs- what features would you want on the player?
The winner will be chosen by our forum moderators based on how convincing the mockups are and the creativity of the fake. You may enter up to three different devices. To enter post a thread in the contest forum located here. Please be sure to read the posting guidelines.
The winner will receive a Toshiba Gigabeat T400 and the contest will end on the 20 th of January 2008.
Entries will be judged on:
- Start a new thread in this forum with the title of your player as the title of the thread. ie. "Creative Zen Awesome" or "Sony Pebble"
- Please post a single entry per thread.
- Note: You will only be able to see and edit your thread until the contest is over to prevent others from copying.
- You may enter up to three
- Contest ends on Jan 20th end of day.
- You may continually update, edit and add to your entry up to the end of the contest.
- You do not have to use Photoshop it can be any program, be it Gimp, Photoshop, Paint, 3D modeling software ect..
- Entry thread must include the photo directly, not a link.
- Entry thread should be well organized describing your entry and showing specs.
- Presentation and neatness of the entry thread
- Ability to follow rules
Here is photo of an example via Engadget
And another from iaudiophile a few years ago