android
Old 12-25-2006, 05:34 AM

Thumbs down I do not recommend to use WMP 11 Beta

There is one thing about the Windows Media Player 11 Beta I do not like at all. When I installed this Beta version, it changed quite a lot in the background.

Just read carefully the first paragraph in its End User License. The WMP will even establish connections to the Internet without telling you about that (yes, I know, just from time to time ).

Once I installed it, Windows XP SP2 required administrator rights to connect to the Internet, user rights were no longer sufficient! Be careful.

The Windows Media Player 10 installation will be enough to make Windows XP SP2 see your Clix in the Windows Explorer as a MTP device anyway.

You will be able to transfer your files to the specific directories in the Windows Explorer even without using the WMP 10 itself, if you do not like it.

Since I hate applications which change my security options to that extend (thank you Microsoft ), I am curious and I will give MediaMonkey a try.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2006, 05:57 AM

Post alfmeister's review of the Clix

@ alfmeister:

Quote:
I think you will find the answer to your problems at my review site here.
Your link does not work.

Alfmeister's review can be found here instead.

By the way, the font size of viewed texts can be changed. What is really good about viewing text on the Clix, is the Unicode UTF-8 support.

You can easily read texts on it, even in so exotic combinations like Russian - Korean or Chinese - Hebrew.

Once you have determined a text size which suits you best, you can preformat your text with external tools to display just as much text as you need (depends on whether you view your texts in portrait or landscape mode).

Perhaps you should not have sold you Clix? Well, I will not sell my Clix 4GB—it is so cute.