android
Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Can't install album art???

How can i install album art to my clix? I syncronize a whole album with its cover picture inside the folder but clix doesn't show any album art. What should i do? Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2006, 12:05 AM

I have the same problem with the album art associated with my Podcasts. It shows up fine in WMP but not on my clix...

Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Album Art

I think you will find the answer to your problems at my review site here.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:05 AM

Works with WMP 11 beta 1 or 2. I've never gotten it to work otherwise, but I hear that Media Monkey is a good alternative if you just hate Win Media Player.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:15 AM

Thumbs down

sorry but your review didn't help me. pls help

Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLF
Works with WMP 11 beta 1 or 2. I've never gotten it to work otherwise, but I hear that Media Monkey is a good alternative if you just hate Win Media Player.
I have been using Wmp 11 already. How did you get it to work with wmp?

Old 09-12-2006, 06:59 PM

I can't album art to work either! Apparently this is a problem for many Clix users... Why can't Iriver and Microsoft fix this?

Doesn't matter what I do - the Clix won't sync art with WMP11...

Old 09-12-2006, 07:08 PM

I use Media Monkey. Just right click on the song and choose Auto tag from Amazon. Find the correct album and art. In the Options menu select Save Image to Tag and then click Autotag. Then sync your music to your Clix. Works fine for me.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleyfan
I use Media Monkey. Just right click on the song and choose Auto tag from Amazon. Find the correct album and art. In the Options menu select Save Image to Tag and then click Autotag. Then sync your music to your Clix. Works fine for me.
Yeah. I do sth like that. I'm adding the album art manually from my harddisk for each song. But it takes time. Isn't there any way to add an art to the comlete album.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torreto
Yeah. I do sth like that. I'm adding the album art manually from my harddisk for each song. But it takes time. Isn't there any way to add an art to the comlete album.
Yes. Not sure if this is the fastest way. Hold Ctrl and highlight all of the songs from the album then right click on them and proceed as above.

on the Autotag screen after you find the album art make sure you check the box beside each song before clicking Autotag.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:59 PM

Open WMP 11, highlite, right click the songs u want album art with, advnce tag editor, look for the pic, make sure it says cover(front), delete the songs on ur clix using WMP and make sure it deletes the file in the album folder in the clix that should the same as the album name and sync with WMP then try looking
plz tell me if u don't understand i'm kinda in a hurry

Old 09-13-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mincho
Open WMP 11, highlite, right click the songs u want album art with, advnce tag editor, look for the pic, make sure it says cover(front), delete the songs on ur clix using WMP and make sure it deletes the file in the album folder in the clix that should the same as the album name and sync with WMP then try looking
plz tell me if u don't understand i'm kinda in a hurry

Old 09-13-2006, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure I understand. If you didn't change the default option of obtaining album info from the 'net automatically, then the album art should be updated automatically whenever the track(s) are added to your library. And if you need to update it manually, you right click on the blank album cover and do so.

Uh, am I not understanding your problem? If you have cover art in an external file, I have no idea how to get WMP to use that instead of "metaservices" (which I think is AMG.com).

Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 PM

I just got my 4GB clix and I'm having the same problems with uploading album art. I've tried going the advanced tag route but I'm not finding any pics for any files although the album art is clearly attached for all of my music files in my library and on my clix. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 AM

I have the 4G and my experience is that if the album art is present in WMP 11 it will transfer to the Clix. However, I usually drag and drop (don't use WMP) and so never get the art.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 AM

Nope, don't understand the problems you guys are having. I have NEVER had any problems with WMP11 and album art. Perhaps a little less unessesary Microsoft hating and a little more doing things the way you're supposed to will give you the results you want.

Sounds like user error to me.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:31 PM

I have not had any problems with it

Old 12-12-2006, 07:36 PM

can someone explain to me how they are getting the album art on the clix. I am using WMP 11 and adding files to my library. All the album art is present on WMP in my library but when I add these files to my sync list and put them on the clix, none of the art is present on the clix. I noticed that it is saving files in the album folder from windows explorer as .alb format. I'm so confused, this player is awesome and this is the only thing that I can't figure out. I've tried clicking and dragging files and WMP 11 to transfer but still get the same results. Any additional advice would be much appreciated.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoner View Post
can someone explain to me how they are getting the album art on the clix. I am using WMP 11 and adding files to my library. All the album art is present on WMP in my library but when I add these files to my sync list and put them on the clix, none of the art is present on the clix. I noticed that it is saving files in the album folder from windows explorer as .alb format. I'm so confused, this player is awesome and this is the only thing that I can't figure out. I've tried clicking and dragging files and WMP 11 to transfer but still get the same results. Any additional advice would be much appreciated.
Putting an album with no album art, and trying to put it back onto the player with album art will not work. So, start clean, format you clix using the function provided in the player (do not try formatting in WMP 11 it takes forever). Dont forget, save every thing you want to keep on your computer.

Organize your music. Make sure your albums' music all have the same album title and artist under the properties. You can easily do that by opening the album folder, selecting all the music in the album, and right-clicking to select Properties, to which you can edit some basic tag information. Doing this is a must! At least it makes your music easier to navigate through.

Now, use MediaMonkey. I highly suggest this. Add all the music you want, and once that is done, view your music BY ALBUM.

Sometimes Amazon.com messes up your music titles, some of them are wrong too. The best thing to do is go onto amazon.com yourself, find the album and save the image on your computer.

Using MediaMonkey, select an album, and there you will obviously find all the music in that album. Hold left click and select all of them. Go into Properties, then click on the Album Art tab. Select your image, and select "save image to tag (if possible)". Then click ok! And you're set.

This method will give your album art for sure. Sometimes WMP 11 doesnt really do its job since it's a beta...and WMP 10 isnt any better. So for now, if you want album art, you need to put a litle extra effort. I did this to all my music, it took about 30 minutes, for about 50+ albums.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Hey, I am getting an Iriver Clix 4GB as a Christmas present from my parents and i was wondering can you still have album art if i use WMP 10? If anybody can answer i would appreciate it. And also if it doesn't should i use Media Monkey?