android
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Samsung Moderator

Ok thanks for the information

And sorry for the wrong information I gave

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 PM

T10 doesnt have any buzzer or speaker. So i think an alarm function cannot be implemented.

I would want to be able to rename a radio station or add an alias. Not just seeing a frequency number. Also, it will be nice to be able select the station from a list that I have saved.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

The alarm could be impanted.
Isn't it the case on the P2?

I know people who would like to connect their mp3-player to external speakers during the night

Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 PM

An alarm clock would work on the T10 if connected to wired or wireless speakers.

Also, I'm not sure if it is possible to do, but to be able to use DNSe via bluetooth also.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM

There were docks available for the T9. I expect ones to come out for the T10 too. These would have an alarm feature with clocks and everything an iPod dock can do.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Here's my wishlist:
  • Dynamic Playlists, and song rating support (so you can have the 20 most played songs, and all songs rated 5 stars etc).
  • MP4 support. Most videos seem to be in this format, and it's a pain converting them (WME doesn't seem to accept it as an input, so videos to be converted into another format first).
  • Intro screens that match the main theme, as pointed out by artifexanimus.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM

Exclamation FEATURE REQUEST: support for the Adobe Flash FLV format!!!

Hello,
i just got a T10 (4GB in white), manufactured in China, with Firmware "v1.15 EU"... I've been reading that some T10 firmware upgraders (a German guy?) screwed their T10 Bluetooth functionality by transferring the new firmware (v1.55 ??) to the mp3-player.
I dont need any bluetooth nor games (February->March), but i'd love to request:

FEATURE REQUEST FOR FUTURE FIRMWARE:
< support for FLV , FLV-Video Format , Adobe Flash Video , Marcomedia Flash Video >

The video clips downloaded from YouTube or YouP**n are all in *.FLV-format, 320x240, and are very small. Whenever you try to convert these 320x240-FLV's to 320x240 WMV's (or other video format), file sizes would grow and video quality would decrease.

MfG, placebo

Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 PM

various vizualizers would be good! is this possible? i have g-force and would be good to put this on it!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:30 PM

That or something like Milkdrop support. I know its system intensive, but running only 320x240 shouldnt take that much processing power, especially if you kill a lot of sprite's so not much has to be drawn.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM

I agree that more decent visualisations would be good. I can't stand those ones where it's just a video/animation repeating.

The visualisations seem to be connected with the themes (The Sammy theme has different visualisations from the Pendant/MySkin themes), so I think that if we get the ability to use custom themes we would be able to have custom visualisations.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:43 PM

I would appreciate a decent radio/recorder with full bass. Somehow the current firmware eliminates any bass in an fm signal so a decent recording is impossible to produce.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:19 PM

I'd like better stability for the firmware. My T10 has required resetting a couple of times.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Does anyone know the release date yet for the latest firmware, I know it's sometimes this month and the next in March but is there an actual confirmed date yet?

Maybe they will give it to us for a nice Valentines present this Thursday.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM

i thought the new firmwares will release in the end of february and march. and now we have just the middle^^

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

I would like more colors, more fonts, MP4 video format support, no more sammy on the welcome screen, faster picture loading times, a way to get through music faster, on the go deleting, more extras in prime pack, dynamic playlists, and more music backrounds.

Just wanting, not expecting

Old 02-16-2008, 12:38 PM

Maybe it isn't possible [could be deleted by formatting...], but i'll find useful a PIN insertion to lock player, or also a Password to lock a folder to defend privacy for docs, pictures or else...

Old 02-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Angry FEATURE REQUEST: scrolling lines for Music Play Screen = Album Info

go to:
Menu -> Settings -> Menu Style -> Menu Design -> My Skin
then go to:
Menu -> Settings -> Music -> Now Playing -> [context menu] Music Play Screen -> Album Info

the shown album info is ridiculous. Only the very first letters of the whole lines are displayed (ALBUM NAME/TAG, ARTIST NAME/TAG, GENRE NAME/TAG) whereas the TITLE NAME/TAG is shown in the standard manner: see the very last line, it is scrolling

btw, i observed that only part of the title tag is shown. long tags are truncated after 120 letters. The truncating of long title tags is okay (although..) but the truncation of the album tag, artist tag and genre tag after 20 letters followed by 2 full stops is not acceptable

Feature request: all displayed tag lines should be scrolling!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Video Bookmarks

I've founded a bug. if you upload/cancel anything into "video" folder, when you try to resume a file played before, it starts from the beginning.
I'd found useful a bookmark function similar to the txt mode applied to videos, to resume playing exactly when you left before.

Another function I'd like to be inserted in next release is the font selection in txt mode and the screen color too, instead of the three templates suggested now. Anyway, i always use black screen with white font, medium text displayed.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM

Default My Wish

Remember back in the day, before MP3 players and portable music was through portable, huge CD Players? Well, remember how they had a setting, (Well actually not a setting but hardware.) for connecting to a line out, like the tape player, hahhahaa, in your car?

I think Sammy should get on making another DNSE setting for line out applications. Could perhaps adjust EQ depending on how crappy your pre-amp in your Chevy Auxillary port is... it could do this by resistance you know... oh wait Im talking hardware again. Still- lets get a DNSE setting for the car! Can I get a what, what?

Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Default a few big and a couple of minor wishes...

I'd like to see the following:

Overall
  • Choice between MTP (with the possibility to use/purchase drm protected sutff) and MSC (plug-in and use with all operating systems, but no possibility to use drm) for all, without the need for modded firmware
Video support
  • h.264 support (AKA MPEG-4 Part 10, or MPEG-4 AVC) since that's the format most video blogs are using (well, at least those I read/watch)
  • mjpeg support (since that's what many mobile phones or digital cameras use for their video recording - now that the T10 supports sending files over bluetooth, this would be nice to have)
  • more container formats (AFAIK the t10 only supports wmv and the pesudo-avi (svi). It is a little annoying to have to convert everything each time)
  • flash would be nice as well
Audio support
  • AAC support (comes hand-in-hand with many h.264 files)
  • mpeg2-audio (for videos again)
  • ogg-id3 support without the need to install a modded firmware (with MTP, the id3-tags are missing, and you cannot put them into the Music folder without using the crappy SMS)
Navigation/file-browser functionality
  • ability to delete files (e.g. unsupported format or just crappy song)
  • ability to move files (e.g. from "Received files" to Music or Videos)
  • make <left> and <right> jump pagewise instead of doing nothing
FM/Radio
  • Allow to display station name (optionally read from RDS info) instead of frequency
  • Offer list of preset stations instead of having to cycle with next and previous only (maybe by tap&hold of the menu "button")
Clock/Time
  • 24h format (just used to that format)
  • cycle between time (e.g. 05:32), and date (e.g. Nov 2)
  • alarm feature (not to wake you up, since that would require external speakers or other equipment that just would waste energy, but wile listening to musing, to signal "time to leave the library, otherwise you won't catch the train/miss the appointment")
  • stop-clock (ok, very minor, but still :-))
Music player
  • Allow for external cover artwork (instead of embedding the image into the id3-tag)
  • allow for external lyrics (not even sure whether that feature is available in the EU firmware, if not: Why not??)
  • m3u playlists (well, I use it in shuffle mode almost all of the time, but still would be nice to have)
Text viewer
  • support UTF-8 charset (throughout the device)
  • get rid of the percentage display when reading in fullscreen mode (tap&hold the circle) - that just takes a whole line of text
  • support basic (x)HTML (bold, italics, links)
That's what I think of after one and a half days of using the device. I'm sure many of those features are cheap to implement, some take more effort, but I'm also sure that some of the requests will probably never make it because of company policy/artificial restrictions imposed to the user )

Almost forgot - as this is my first post to the forum: "Hello to the crowd "

Update
Forgot one of the most annoying things (for my usage of the T10) with the current firmware:
It should definitely be possible to use "back" in shuffle mode as well. Currently it jumps to another random song, but it should jump to the one I previously listened to (or more likely: accidently skipped while nexting the songs that don't fit at the very moment). If it keeps a log of 5 that would be enough for my needs...

Last edited by pybcu; 02-21-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: new features are not everything - bugfixing is necessary as well