android
Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Iriver sound quality help

I recently bought an ipod and I recently returned it because the sound quality
sucked. I can't believe there are so many music ignorants buying ipods when it sounds like crap. Thats why I'm thinking of buying an iriver. I don't care if it's design is not as good as the i pod's, I just care about the sound quality.
Can anyone THAT KNOWS WHAT GOOD SOUND QUALITY IS tell me if the iriver
has a good sound quality?
thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Take a look at the reviews. They're a good starting point.

[ iRiver Clix2 Review ]
[ iRiver S10 Review ]
[ iRiver Clix Review ]

Old 12-29-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfrog View Post
I can't believe there are so many music ignorants buying ipods when it sounds like crap. Thats why I'm thinking of buying an iriver. I don't care if it's design is not as good as the i pod's, I just care about the sound quality.
If sound quality is your only concern, you could do better than iRiver. They're certainly not bad, but they're also not exactly the absolute top. (I'm basing this on my experience with the iRiver H320, 340, Clix1, and some stick-style players I forgot the numbers of.)

Kenwood Mediakeg, JVC Alneo, and the new Toshibas are said to sound excellent. Myself, I find the Cowon X5 and Trekstor Vibez to be quite appealing to my ears and taste.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM

I've stuck with my iRiver iHP120 as my main player as it sounds so good. I've listened to the same files on my mum's 5th Gen iPod (with my earphones) and it just isn't good enough.

Hopefully one day they will do an 80GB version of the HP120 type player with video capability.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM

Well, you might be in luck. iriver just announced P20 (80/160GB HHD) on CES that seems to play just about everything. It might not look like a H120, but you got a large screen to play whatever file you have. This is their first large capacity HHD player since H10 too. P10 is also interesting, but cap at 33GB.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want something that looks like the iHP120 but the features and sound are what made it the player for people who wanted good sound as the main priority.

Looking at all the new players that iRiver are showing at CES makes me think they are bound to release the right thing to make me part with somee money.....I particularly like the look of the E100 16GB player as a replacement for my Samsung Z5 which I love very much and use on my bike.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Well, the P20 is one of the more "concept-like" devices out of the 10 or so that they showed... so I wouldn't rely too heavily on that.