android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune

Old 12-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Last.fm users can now scrobble your Zune device & software with Zenses & Zuse!

These are free tools for the Zune device to scrobble tracks to your Last.fm profile - it's rather similar to the Zune Social site but way better IMO.

Zenses is an application that allows you to scrobble your Zune device. Versions 0.1.4 and 0.2 are the only Zune compatible ones. Definitely try 0.2 - it detects your Zune without having to click anything.

Zenses requires XP, Microsoft .NET .2 or .3 Framework, & Windows Media Player 11 to run. If you don't have any of these you won't be able to use it, sorry. There is a new version in development that promises to be cross-platform (Linux, OSX, Vista!!!).

Connect Zune, run Zenses and when it's done scanning close Zenses. Listen to some songs then connect your Zune, run Zenses again, now it should show your tracks. Put in the time & date, click Update then Submit. Check your charts. If anyone has any problems or questions I started a Zenses Last.fm Group, feel free to join. I'm not the developer but I can answer most questions.

These are beta releases, so expect bugs.
Zenses v0.2 Download
Zenses v0.1.4
Zenses Tutorial (.txt)
Zenses Forum here on ABI
Zenses Last.fm Group

Zuse is a plugin that allows the Zune software to scrobble tracks to Last.fm

This is a beta release, so expect bugs. It is licensed under the GPLv3, which means it's open source.

Zuse requires Microsoft .NET framework 2.0.

Zuse (Binaries & Source Code)

If you want to know exactly how Zuse works, look at the source code, or ask wiz1705 here: http://www.last.fm/group/Zune-Online.../_/361453#post.
Please post any bugs there as well and he'll release updates for around every 2 bugs that need fixing.

Enjoy!!

*edit* - As of Feb 23 2007 the next version of Zenses has been dropped. The developer may work on the project again if anyone shows any interest in helping him. All of the current beta versions of Zenses still work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Just updated the post (at the end)