android
Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM

I tried the conversion using Narvin's way but the widescreen TV show I converted looked great but was all streateched to fill the screen....do I need to change the vertical res to something else???

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Might want to try setting the canvas size to 320 x 176 or something to that effect. the T10 auto pads with black any void space in a video, but it might only be in certain formats. I know when i do a conversion using Super into an .avi, and its a widescreen clip, i set the size to 320 x 176 16:9 widescreen, and encode in MPEG 4, Divx codec, and the T10 auto pads it fine. Havent tried converting to .wmv as it seems its quite fickle as to what settings it needs. With Super, just set it to .avi, mpeg-4, Divx or Xvid codec, mp3 audio, keep bitrate of video under 1500 kbps, audio 160 kbps and under, and video long side to 320 pixels. Any frame rate 30 fps and under is fine, and just rename to .svi when its done encoding. I've made some awesome looking clips that are decent in size. I have a 24 minute episode down to about 42.5 MB (poor video, yea, but it works fine.) At absolute best quality, a minute of video will take about 10 megs of space.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM

So when you use Super I can convert my divx files to something the T10 can use?

Nothing else to do?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 PM

Wanna post your exact settings for Super please?

Old 05-03-2008, 03:16 AM

Every conversion I have tried with Super has failed. Need help please.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM

To use Super:

1. Set Output Container to avi (just avi, no pocket pc)
2. Set Output Video Codec to MPEG-4
3. Set Output Audio Codec to MP3
4. Use MEncoder
5. Under Video Options, select either 320 x 240 (for full screen clips), or 320 x 176 (for widescreen clips)
*Note* Aspect Ratio should be automatically set based on video size, but if not, select 4:3 for fullscreen 320x240, and 16:9 for widescreen 320x176
6. Frame Rate - Anything 30 fps and under. I use 29.97 as an fps.
7. Bitrate - keep under 1500 kbps. For decent quality, I use 1392 kbps for short clips with a lot of motion. Otherwise, its 720 kbps.
8. Tick Hi Quality in Options.
9. In Audio, select 44100 Hz as the sampling freq.
10. Select 2 channel audio and a rate between 64 and 160 kbps.
11. Keep DVD language to default.
12. Click and drag a video file into the box below.
*Note* Some files may not convert right to .avi. In this case, try encoding into .mpeg first, then into .avi. I'm not sure if Super can decode the .divx movies. It can decode Divx encoded avis and mpegs, but I dont know if it will recognize the actual .divx file extension.
13. Click Encode Active Files (after making sure the file you're converting is ticked)
14. When an Optimize Output File dialog box comes up asking which FourCC to encode in, select either Divx OR Xvid (very top, or very bottom). I prefer Divx, simply for the sake of staying the same.
15. Once the file encodes, rename the file from .avi to .svi, then put onto the T10's Video Folder.

Thats it. A lot of steps, but once you do it once, you can reset it up in 10 seconds, pop a new file to be encoded in, let it run, then rename and put onto the T10.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 PM

PERFECT and it remembers your last settings or you can save the settings!!! LEGEND!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Samsung Moderator

Enough good video information in this thread to stick.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 PM

Woo! We got stickied! Thanks Sassafras!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Another note about Super. It will encode .flv files from YouTube. If you download the .flv, either through a website, or maybe getting it from your Temp Internet files folder, Super will encode it to .avi to put on the T10. This is one way to get flash video onto the T10. It will not, however, make an .avi out of most shockwave flashes.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM

I followed all your instructions Zolken, but my T10 doesn't recognise the file. I think it has something to do with changing the file name from an avi to an svi. While it does now say .svi at the end in the main windows view, if I go into the detailed properties of the file is says svi.AVI at the end, which is the same thing it says on the T10.

How do I get rid of the .AVI?

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out. If anyone has the same problem, you need to go into the folder options and untick the hide extensions box.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:03 PM

Yea, forgot to mention that. Make sure you have Windows set to "Show known file extensions". Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options. Then click the View tab, and scroll down till you see "Hide extensions for known file types" and untick the box to make all file extensions visible. Becareful with renaming any file tho. Say you rename Hello.doc by highlighting the entire filename and rename it to Goodbye and just hit Enter. It will rename it to Goodbye, but remove the extension, and Windows wont know how to open it. Just keep that in mind when you have that option turned off.

I forget that since I'm a systems engineer, my tech skills are a bit more advanced. My bad.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:03 AM

Default Excellent guide!

Thanks to Zolxen for this clear and very helpful guide

I used Setup to transcode a divx and it looks well on my T10 (even if I used 480kbps for video, about 500MB for 2h).

Video runs smoothly and quality is reasonably good for such a small display.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolxen View Post
I forget that since I'm a systems engineer, my tech skills are a bit more advanced. My bad.
wohoo, activating the "shown known file extensions" option. great tech skills.

but thanks for the tutorial.

anyone's running super with vista x64? cause it didn't work for me. it doesn't even start??

Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 AM

hmmm.... Super might not support a 64 bit OS. I know for a fact it DOES support 64 bit processors (I run an Athlon 64 3500+), but it might not support 64 bit OS's (i run 32 bit XP Pro)

I'll have to install xp pro 64 bit in a virtual machine, and check to see what it does (or doesnt do)

Old 06-02-2008, 05:16 AM

Dear ABIpod Community,

A video tutorial has been created as a revision for the original T10 WMV encoding.

Watch it at http://psyomcs.com/wordpress/?p=5

Cheers,
Narvin.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Damn what am I doing wrong? I just got my own t10 and really want to play some files on it but cant seem to get it working. Im from sweden and I bought it here. I follow your tout all the way but it wont work. Ive also tried that svi converter but that wont work either. I put the files in the video dirc on the t10 devi and then when I start it gets black for a sec then sammy comes up telling me that he cant play the format or something , please help!

Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 AM

Thank you all for all the encoding methods. But my question is: can you somehow add subtitles? For example, with the original movie (lets say for example .xvid), comes a .sub file, wich is the subtitle. When encoding the video, can i somehow add the subtitle? Or is it possible to preencode the video in another format, that would include the subtitle?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbram View Post
Damn what am I doing wrong? I just got my own t10 and really want to play some files on it but cant seem to get it working. Im from sweden and I bought it here. I follow your tout all the way but it wont work. Ive also tried that svi converter but that wont work either. I put the files in the video dirc on the t10 devi and then when I start it gets black for a sec then sammy comes up telling me that he cant play the format or something , please help!
Hey Zachbram,
My apologies I didnt reply earlier. Can you tell me the original format of your your video files? Video formats such as a divx compressed mpg will have problems, perhaps there are other compressed formats that fail. Have you had success placing my converted sample on your t10? Otherwise PM me so we can sort it out further. Perhaps you can send me a small file of what you are trying to convert.

Cheers,
Narvin.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:32 PM

Good God, this is a heck of a lot to go through for a "drag-and-drop" player!

I like my T10, but I spend more time converting files that never play, researching why files won't convert, on the phone with customer service and generally being dumbfounded when files do transfer but then aren't recognized by my player...than I have spent in 8 years of maintenance on my car and computer together!

The amount of redundant supporting programs necessary to use the T10 (sold as a drag-and-drop player) is ridiculous.

Here is my list so far:

EmoDio
WMP
Winamp
Samsung Media Player
Free conversion software #1
Free conversion software #2
Free ID3 tag editor
The abovementioned software which I will download tonight.

The sad part is the first FOUR of these programs you would think are supposed to handle everything individually.

Just venting a little.