android
Old 12-26-2007, 04:24 PM

Default How to get Bluetooth back after low-level format

For anyone who's had to do a low-level format of their T9B and found out that the Bluetooth functionality has disappeared, there is a fix

All you need to do is create a new file called BT_MAC_ADDR.TXT in the SYSTEM directory, the file should contain the original BT address of the T9B, written as 12 upper case hexadecimal digits followed by a new line.

You should use the original BT address if possible, I got the address of my T9B from my mobile phone which I had paired with the T9B.

After doing this and rebooting the device the Bluetooth menu should be back again!

This procedure has fixed my original 1.00 Korean T9B flashed with 1.80 firmware, that I had bricked

Last edited by mr_smith; 12-26-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Changed T9 to T9B for clarification

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Thank you very much!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:52 AM

Can u be a little bit more especific with the content of the file?
How do you write the adress?
Where can we find more information about this feature?
many thanks.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Err, not sure how I can be any more specific! The BT_MAC_ADDR.TXT file just contains one line, the Bluetooth Address, for example: 001a11223344.

As far as I'm aware this feature hasn't been documented anywhere else, I spent ages searching forums trying to find how to revive Bluetooth after a low-level format. In the end I examined the MUON.BIN file with a hex editor, and found the string /SYSTEM/BT_MAC_ADDR.TXT at offset 0x20ff60. So I created a file with this name and made a guess on the format of the MAC address and voila Bluetooth was restored

Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 AM

I lost my adress anyway to find my adress again???

Old 02-01-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Bluetooth menu

My only problem is getting the BT address, I paired up my YP-T9 with my mobile phone (SGH-D820 model) but i cannot seem to obtain the BT-address FROM MY PHONE!! How did you get it from your phone? I can only get a list of the nick-names of the devices i paired up with please help!!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 AM

Tks Tks Tks Mr.Smith for this fix!

After I inadvertently bricked my YP-T9JB-AB (Bluetooth Model) using the 1.80UMS firmware (my player would only turn on a few seconds and turn off no matter what I tried, although it would show up browsable in my PC).
I tried feverishly for an hour reloading the Canadian/US firmware to no avail.

The Low Level Format and reloading of US 1.76 firmware worked for me with the help of the Bluetooth Menu fix. I'm not venturing into the other firmware no thanks...I'm quite content with a working unit again!

To clarify to what Invader and Mike are asking...I think just creating a text file, pasting this generic hex # 001a11223344 into it and saving it as BT_MAC_ADDR.TXT is really all that is needed.
As a matter of fact I'm curious if any HEX is really needed other than the folder... Copy this file to the System folder in your MP3 player's System folder then unplug from the PC...Start up the player...select Bluetooth...then search for device (cell phone) you'll have to also set your cell phone to pairing mode again...the device should locate the phone again....DONE!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnk View Post
I lost my adress anyway to find my adress again???

If you have low level formatted your t-nine, the only way to get MAC Address is to open the player. Read exadecimal bar code label on the memory chip, then put it into BT_MAC_ADDR.txt...

P.S. Avoid to use the same generic MAC Address 001A11223344... Open the player and restore the original one instead.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 PM

Just curious, what if any are the implications of using that generic MAC ADDY? Other than the usual someone snooping etc but...like easily enough could my conversation be listened too? I live in remote Northern Ontario where the population is sparse and I live on a farm and use my bluetooth only on the highway at 12am to 8amish....

When you say open the music player...how does one go about that? I don't see where I'd remove any screws? Is that a hard operation?

Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRog View Post
Just curious, what if any are the implications of using that generic MAC ADDY?
There shouldn't been any problems unless your T9 comes within range of another device with the same MAC address.

Quote:
When you say open the music player...how does one go about that? I don't see where I'd remove any screws? Is that a hard operation?
Prise out the 4 rubber feet, underneath are some small screws, take them out and the back cover will come off, move the battery out of the way and you should see the BT MAC Address on a sticker towards the top of the PCB. I've just taken my T9 apart and checked the sticker against the MAC address I retrieved from my mobile phone, they matched

Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Prise out the 4 rubber feet, underneath are some small screws, take them out and the back cover will come off, move the battery out of the way and you should see the BT MAC Address on a sticker towards the top of the PCB.
Err... Any hint on the adress? I dunno much about circuits so i'm guessing where to find that sticker. Look this picture, it does not match to the specification "12 upper case hexadecimal digits".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back2.jpg (103.6 KB, 51 views)

Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM

By the way look at this article:
"The Bluetooth address itself is a unique 48bit device identifier, where the first 3 bytes of the address are assigned to a specific manufacturer by the IEEE (www.ieee.org/), and the last 3 bytes are freely allocated by the manufacturer. For example, the hexadecimal representation of a Sony Ericsson P900 phone's Bluetooth address may look like 00:0A9:EB:66:C7, where the first 3 bytes of this address (00:0A9) are registered to Sony Ericsson by the IEEE, meaning that all P900 phones will have their Bluetooth address starting with same 3 bytes. The last 3 bytes (EB:66:C7) of the sample address are assigned to this device by Sony Ericsson and should be different for each P900 phone -- but is not always, unfortunately."

Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader365 View Post
Err... Any hint on the adress? I dunno much about circuits so i'm guessing where to find that sticker. Look this picture, it does not match to the specification "12 upper case hexadecimal digits".
In that picture the sticker with the BT address is missing, on my T9 there was another sticker on the other flash memory chip. It was quite obvious!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 PM

I figure it out. Theres a sticker on the back of one of these chips. The thing is that it only displays six digits of the total of twelve. If what I read from the past article is right, the first six digits are common for the t9 series. Can someone post these digits? Thank you.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 PM

Default Changing Mac Addy afer generic in already?

Hey Mr Smith or anyone for that matter...I've gotten my original Mac Address from my unit (thanks for the info on removing the 4 rubber feet) and now I've made another notepad doc with the original, place it into the System Folder...rebooted the unit but it's still the original 001a11223344 that you posted before .

Needless to say I'm thinking your going to say do another low level format which I don't feel like doing but will if needed I suppose. Any suggestions before the inevitable.

PS...the first six digits of the Mac ADDy are 00166C if that makes a difference for you Invader.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Hey Rog, Im having the same issue with the mac address, it doesn't update. Not sure if I can make it to work with the full address (thanks for the tip ). Anyway, im not going to do a low level format, dunno how to get it back from there. Any ideas?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Simple, no sticker on RAM chip because that unit not have any BT module...

Quote:
Hey Mr Smith or anyone for that matter...I've gotten my original Mac Address from my unit (thanks for the info on removing the 4 rubber feet) and now I've made another notepad doc with the original, place it into the System Folder...rebooted the unit but it's still the original 001a11223344 that you posted before .

Needless to say I'm thinking your going to say do another low level format which I don't feel like doing but will if needed I suppose. Any suggestions before the inevitable.

PS...the first six digits of the Mac ADDy are 00166C if that makes a difference for you Invader.
Quote:
Hey Rog, Im having the same issue with the mac address, it doesn't update. Not sure if I can make it to work with the full address (thanks for the tip ). Anyway, im not going to do a low level format, dunno how to get it back from there. Any ideas?
In order to update MAC address you need to level format again, than edit mac bt txt with correct and UNIC address discovered inside your units and put the new txt in SYSTEM root...

Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Guess im gonna have to try a low level format to see if it works. wish me good look.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:48 PM

Wished Ya Luck! LOL...I know old old post but here's the girth of my post...

I just wanted to revive this thread because I just again had to do a low level format and near lost it! Yup again I turned on my YPTJ9 Sammy MP3 and behold the dreaded Bluetooth icon was gone!

So in futile frustration (all of 1 Google hit) I stumbled back here to this post (Thank Gawd) and it all came back to me!

As a side note, I'm still using my MP3 almost daily as I work for the railway where I have some free time (hours at times) to listen to tunes. Alot of the time I'm connecting via Bluetooth to my Trucks Sony Stereo Deck or at home like now to a cheap 10 dollar Bluetooth Dongle on my PC to stream from and through my PC's speakers.

All in all...this MP3 has taken a sh*T kickin! I love it!