android
Old 09-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Default e200 MSC Playlist Editor/Creator

About
Ever since I got this player, I needed an easy way to create playlists without using the propriatary MTP protocol (this only left me with the MSC option) Seeing as the only alternative was to tag my files to play in order, I got a hex editor and started examining the Go List file that was created by the player. Shortly after, I was able to create some primitive playlists with alot of hassle. This program basically solves all these problems and does all the work you for. You can load properly names albums in, type in a name for the playlist, and click save, which will create a playlist in the order of the songs by filename. Alternatively, you can edit the playlist manually or even sort by ID3 tags (such as track #).

Screenshots

After a few months of development, this application is finally in a usable form. 0.5 has a newer interface, and uses .NET 2.0 form improved performance.

Usage
Set the player drive is located (click the ... button) near the bottom, and choose the Sansa drive. The rest (moving/adding/copying) can all be done via dragging and dropping.

Requirements
You need the Microsoft.NET 2.0 framework installed for this program to work (new since 0.5)

Downloads
0.8.1 Stable
*nix mono version (needs libgdi)

New in 0.8
- Various bug fixes
- Random playlist support
- Fixed up menu inconsistencies
- Total playlist length now calculated

New in 0.7
- Music files now copied to player/MicroSD if not already there
- Drag/move move support for the playlist editor
- Allows for MicroSD file usage and playlists Please test, I don't have a MicroSD card to test on
- New Help->Donate button

New in 0.6.1
- Improved unicode support
- Fixed: Playlist will not open with certain filenames in list

New in 0.6
- Import menu item
-- Imports M3U files and copies them to the player
- WMA tag read support (Windows XP/Vista only)
- ID3v2 tag read support (Windows XP/Vista only)
- Installer now included

Donations:
Donations are gladly accepted via PayPal here.

Thanks to the following people for donating to help keep development going:
  • rlegan
  • Canadaloon

Older versions:
0.6 Stable
0.5 Stable
See old thread for pre-0.5 versions: link. Since alot of stuff was re-written, please keep questions regarding older versions in that thread.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2006, 10:15 PM

hmm.. this is like the third playlist maker ive seen on these forums, yet still no mac version.. i might make one..

Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adscorp
hmm.. this is like the third playlist maker ive seen on these forums, yet still no mac version.. i might make one..
Good thinking. I think that I might make one also but for Windows XP. Oh wait, its already been done. Wow, that was easy . Thanks zivan56. I just tried it and it worked great.

EDIT: A tip for adding more than one song that is in the same folder. Select one song, and then hold the Ctrl key and select another. Now both songs should be highlighted. When you click 'Open', the songs will apear in the order that you selected them.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adscorp
You are probably referring to the old thread, which is now defunct. As for a mac version, send me a mac and I will make one no problem
Seriously though, I could compile it for Mono, but then people would complain it would be too hard to set up (plus I would have to create custom dialogs for open/etc).

AcidBurn768, good to hear

Old 09-09-2006, 11:49 PM

Cool stuff, can I use it under MTP? I prefer it when transfering my music~

Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid
Cool stuff, can I use it under MTP? I prefer it when transfering my music~
This program was made specifically so you don't have to have to use the proprietary MTP transfer protocol. You can use WMP to create playlists if you prefer to use it.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56
This program was made specifically so you don't have to have to use the proprietary MTP transfer protocol. You can use WMP to create playlists if you prefer to use it.
I hate WMP. MM is my major music transfering software. I have not figured out how to transfer my playlists thru MM. WMP playlist works OK but it is just way to o slow!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I hate WMP. MM is my major music transfering software. I have not figured out how to transfer my playlists thru MM. WMP playlist works OK but it is just way to o slow!
Have you upgraded to WMP 11 Beta 2? I have found the second version to be much much quicker, almost as quick as MM.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Try this using MM,
Change setting in Sansa: Settings-USB-MTP
Go to sync options in MM and, I only needed to add the playlist's that I just created, so I checked the "sync only following" then,
check each playlist you want added.
When done syncing, set the sansa back to MSC mode and reboot.
Should be there!

Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the input. I make playlist in MM then export them to WMP 10, then sync them to the player. It works wonder!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 AM

Default Thanks to Zivan - MP3 tags OK - WMA not OK

First of all, many many thanks to Zivan for creating this program. I do not like using MTP, and creating playlists with MSC had been the big problem for me.

I have been using the program since version 0.2 and have seen its progress with enthusiasm (I did have problems with 0.3 but 0.2 and 0.4 worked fine for me). I do seem to have a problem with displaying tags with WMA tracks. When loading MP3 tracks to a playlist, all the tags display great. When I load WMA tracks (both ones I rip and ones I bought) none of the tags show on the screen. The WMA tags display fine when I play them on my e270, so I know they are there. I would like to know if the problem with WMA tags is unique to me or a feature not supported by the program for WMA.

Again, many Thanks.

Al M

Old 09-12-2006, 02:02 PM

It's currently not supported for the same reason ID3v2 tags aren't; too much work required. If I get some spare time (and find proper documentation for the two) I will implement them. That is why I left the filename field on there, so you can at least sort them by that for now (or ID3v1 tags)

Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Thanks again.

Thanks again,

Al M

Old 09-14-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Open Source

Can you think of make your app open source?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:09 PM

Can you give me a reason to?
The code is totally undocumented, and I would probably be the only one to understand most of it.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 PM

0.6 is now out, with new features like WMA/ID3v2 tag support (XP/Vista only), import/copy M3U playlists...

Old 09-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Thumbs up Thanks - WMA works great with tags.

Thanks - WMA works great with tags.

Al M

Old 09-17-2006, 06:11 PM

I gave the program a try but it does not support unicoded filename very well. It just says the file does not exist even though it is physically in the player.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:56 PM

Is this when opening a playlist again? It is a known bug. I have just tried adding a bunch of unicode named file (used random characters from charmap) and it works fine. The playlist issue should be solved by next release.
UPDATE: Try the new version I just posted, if it does not work then its a limitation of Microsoft .NET framework or you are using a native charset (fake ASCII).

Old 09-18-2006, 06:33 PM

It looks like you have a problem with the .NET 2.0 framework (older versions use 1.1). I suggest re-installing or contacting Microsoft, as its not a bug in the program itself. From what I can see, your .NET enviroment is not loading resources embedded into the application.