android
Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 AM

Smile Blue Sansa Clip Setup Experiences

Hello All, Purchased this delightful little device 12/20. Am really impressed with its tiny size, bright screen, and simplicity of use SO FAR. I use my players (I have several Sansa m200s) strictly for audiobooks. As usual, directions are non-existent from SandDisk so forum reading is a necessity. Some problems with charging happened first. After 3 hours on Dynex USB wall charger only 50%--don't know why. Moved to PC and charged to 100% in 2.5 more hours. Like an idiot I tried to download the updater 1.082 and mercifully it failed so I called SanDisk. They encouraged the use of ABI instructions to load the bin file manually for the new 1.01.18 firmware and it was seamless; verified update in SystemInfo and all is well. NO PESKY UPDATER! I downloaded books from Audible very easily. Now it remains to be seen when I rip a book from CDs if it will resume also. That will tell me whether I keep the Clip or take it back. I have two m240s that will no longer play Audible, only ripped books using WMP11 so we'll see. Donna in Arkansas

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford3772 View Post
Like an idiot I tried to download the updater 1.082 and mercifully it failed so I called SanDisk. They encouraged the use of ABI instructions to load the bin file manually for the new 1.01.18 firmware and it was seamless; verified update in SystemInfo and all is well. NO PESKY UPDATER!
Wow! Sandisk really told you to use the firmware from the sticky thread in this forum?

If they're aware of the situation that everybody hates their horrible Updater app, I sure hope they give us the option to download the firmwares manually in the future.

(And while they're at it, they should get rid of that awful Flash website as well - so people can link directly to downloads, manuals, specs, etc - and not having to navigate like a moron through all that clumsy Flash junk. )

Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM

How true, their new front end sux, I hate that flash…but it’s nice to hear the SanDisk is paying Respect to abi >>

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc