android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative

Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Any software that can create a playlist for every artist in the library?

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> It just takes too long to do it manually in Media Monkey.

Basically if i have one or more albums by the same artist, i want to make a playlist of all the tracks.

My Zen doesnt seem to be able to play all the albums by one artist, so i am forced to make playlists instead...GRRR

Thanks in advance...

Matt

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never actually used this feature myself, but WMP11 has the ability to create auto-playlists based on any of a number of criteria, including Artist info. Might be worth a try.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Thanks...Just reinstalling it, after rolling back to 10 to update my ZVM's fw, after temporrily bricking it, cos i erased the fw to mod it with a new one (new theme) then couldnt reinstall the original, cos of 11, once i had reloaded the original, i could put the modded fw on....Bit of a faff!!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:45 PM

why not just browse by artists and hit play on the artist you want? that seems like a quicker way to get the same effect.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrododorF View Post
why not just browse by artists and hit play on the artist you want? that seems like a quicker way to get the same effect.
It would play all the artists songs in alphabetical order, not each album in correct track order, but you can easily do that by using the "Add to Selected" option.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Browse by artist and hit "play". While listening, go to Menu -> Play Mode -> Shuffle.

That's how I do it on my Zen Touch anyway.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrododorF View Post

I didnt realise you could do that!!

Thanks all!