android
Old 01-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
Hey i just changed the avi to svi and it worked yay awesome quality movie is goal - the dream begins

EDIT: I feel the video lags A TEENY BIT, evry1 experience that?it is set exactly as post no.8
The lagging may be due to your original video.
I am not experincing that...
(Good to see someone who finally was able to use my advice..)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 PM

weird. why is it that when i encode i get a bigger file, when the original has a bigger screen resolution?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 PM

ugh! what the hell? now everytime i try to encode a movie it says the yp p2 doesnt support the format. i checked the file, its svi, i used media encoder plus the extension and everytime i encode a video i always revert to default settings. its weird, videos that i did before work fine, but now the ones i encoded today dont work at all.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 PM

Thats what keeps happening to me.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 AM

yeah it seems like its something with the p2? i put the settings to xvid, and i can play the svi file on my computer no problem. maybe you have to factory reset and redo the update?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 AM

in the new version i think they took out the extention for the P2, but you can still manually change it.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Trouble with Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfred02 View Post
Use MediaCoder to transcode your movies to XviD Format. Download it at http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net

Once you have it installed, click the extensions button and select the "Samsung YP-P2" in the list of Options for Portable Media Players. Add your files using the Add Button and then press preview in the extension window to ensure they will work. If they do, press start and wait. If it saves it with an .svi extension instead of .avi, then you know you've done it correctly.

Edit: I changed the original post because it was confusing EVERYONE. -Sassafras
Do I use dvd decrypter to get my dvd into .vob files? And is there a specific way to use decrypter to work for P2?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

Thedeadliving, Follow this guide instead...

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=25009

Old 02-17-2008, 03:42 AM

I finally installed and messed with MediaCoder for movies, all I can say is, I will be uninstalling all other programs that I was currently using.... MediaCoder is the Sh*t for creating movies for the P2.... Thanks you!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:59 PM

So is Mediacoder the best converter for the P2? Cause I only have my P2 for one day hehe and I downloaded Badak to convert movies. It works, but is Mediacoder better? Because the movie converted with Badak seems to have a slow framerate...I loaded the P2 preset which is 30 fps. But when the camera moves too fast the whole screen blurs...
So should i just use Mediacoder instead? And what is the output file for mediacoder? xvid? does the P2 support this?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:24 PM

why does the size doubled if we use mediacoder??
=O i did everyhing right and converted to mpeg-4(xvid) 30 fps 600 kbps (video)
but it says file not suported on p2 and yes the file is .svi

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

do i need to disable b frames because i think thats where the problem is, um iwent to format but i couldnt disable it, it opens a page in mozilla firefox

Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 PM

I just downloaded MediCoder and it works, but randomly. Sometimes y does encode my vids to .svi, ando other times it just leaves it as .avi. Im using the p2 extension and all, but cant get it to work. I do the followin, dunno whats wrong:
1.Start MC
2. Add File
3.open Extension and choose de P2 one (when i do this, the video settings on the MC change FOMAT: h.264, CONTAINER Mp4 or sometimes .avi)

4.Start the encoding from the P2 mini page
5. I get an unworkable file

PLZ HELP

Old 03-10-2008, 12:14 AM

I managed to make it work. I found that de MC p2 extension works some times, so i just saved the settings as a preset and now it works everytime.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Hey, Does anyone here know how to use the cropping thing for mediacoder? Becuase if I use samsung media studio it crops it perfectly and nothing it streched but when I use media coder the videos are steched even if I change the crop settings to fit height it still doesn't do anything. Of is the preview like that and it does crop it?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 PM

Hmm, I seem to have a problem with this. I did exactly as the "instructions" said, but in the end it just says "File format not supported". Even though I see the file as .svi and the transcoding finished, and a second file pops out as .svi format, it still says not supported, I also tried it with multiple files. All files were .avi , don't think that matters though ..

Any ideas?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Samsung Moderator

Make sure to set XviD as the encoding method of choice, not DivX. Also, make sure your audio is 128 kbps.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:32 PM

Both have been like that for every file that I've tried, no luck.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:41 AM

Hello, I noticed something else here. Media Coder chooses the H.264 as the video format. You HAVE to change the format to Xvid after selecting the P2 Preset. NOT WHERE THE PICTURE IS, but at the main menu where you see the tabs Audio, Video, Muxer, Picture, Time, etc. After doing this your player should not have a problem recognizing the video file.

Now, the only problem I'm having is with audio sync. I'm trying to do this with Forrest Gump and unfortunately I can't get perfect sync. If anyone has any advice for this then please help. So far I get a pretty bearable result with some audio time adjustment, but of course this doesn't work from beginning to absolute end. I really hope Samsung takes the smart path and adds more codecs to their player's firmware.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

If you had a properly encoded source, you would likely have no problems. The frustration that you have arises when you start trying to transcode badly encoded avi's with weird audio interlaces or vbr or the like. My advice to you, is if you have the source DVD, start from the beginning using my guide, and avoid your encode.

http://www.broken-links.net/p2guide/