android
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Default P2 Video Converting Guide (No SMS Needed)

Ok I have saw alot of threads about video converters and trying to get such and such, plus the SMS really sucks to work so I thought I would just provide a nice little guide for all to follow I find it to work very well. First you need to download BADAK.

http://eng.kipple.pe.kr/doc/badak/ (you dont need the presets on that site)

Next you need to grab the P2 presets presets.zip

After BADAK is installed open up the directory you installed it in. The standard is C:\BADAK. Next extract the P2 Presets to C:\BADAK\presets.

Now run BADAK and open up your P2 Preset and start converting!

Also after converting you need to open up the directory your video saved under and rename the extension from .avi to .svi
If you cant rename the ext. then simply open up My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > "Hide extensions for known file types" should be unchecked.

Tips: I did find out that using 2pass does give you better quality, so far I have not seen any ghost images.
Also if you are using GOM Encoder be prepared the full version is not out yet (that I saw) so you get a nasty watermark in the middle of the screen. If you need a link for GOM Ill be sure to find one.

I give credit to http://yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=1682 if you need any help try there. I got most my info from there, I just revised it and thought I would do BADAK cause no one likes a nasty little watermark. :P

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Hey , Thanks

That works great. The video is noticeably better on 2 pass and I so far I see no video breaks or artifacts (there were not that many before but often enough that it was not a fluke).

On one pass, it's faster and still is sharper.

More reports to come I am sure.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 AM

Thanks from me as well - Badak worked first time.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:58 AM

Badak wouldn't work for me on Vista Ultimate 64bit, but worked today without problems on my XP laptop at work

Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post
Badak wouldn't work for me on Vista Ultimate 64bit, but worked today without problems on my XP laptop at work
Go to the top post and hit the link to the other board, this started out as two software solutions that are very much the same but use different programs, perhaps the other will run.

I was planing on trying both, timing them on the same video and seeing if one is noticeably faster.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM

i have a problem. when i convert something ad then i play it with real player before i change the name and put it into my player the sound lags the video

i am just wondering if this will be the same when i play it in my player or will everything balance out(i have not tried to put it into my player yet)

a speedy response on this would be much appreciated

thanks

Old 11-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
Go to the top post and hit the link to the other board, this started out as two software solutions that are very much the same but use different programs, perhaps the other will run.

I was planing on trying both, timing them on the same video and seeing if one is noticeably faster.
Many Thanks for that Rockets, I didn't look at the other forum before, lol
It seems though that the other software (GOM Encoder) leaves a watermark on the videos you re-encode using it, which isn't for me.

Luckily I am able to work from home which means I can take my laptop with me, so I think I'll stick to using that to re-encode for now.
It's no more hassle as I can just hook it up to my home network

Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalidooo View Post
i have a problem. when i convert something ad then i play it with real player before i change the name and put it into my player the sound lags the video

i am just wondering if this will be the same when i play it in my player or will everything balance out(i have not tried to put it into my player yet)

a speedy response on this would be much appreciated

thanks
hmmm... I just tried this with one of my videos and I don't so much have a problem with lag but I do have some digital artifacts in the sound that I didn't get when I played it back on my unit.

hope this helps

Old 11-29-2007, 02:36 PM

[quote=Deviation;188179]Many Thanks for that Rockets, I didn't look at the other forum before, lol
It seems though that the other software (GOM Encoder) leaves a watermark on the videos you re-encode using it, which isn't for me.
/quote]

LOL, Did not know that, unless it is cheap to get rid of the watermark I won't be doing speed tests (unless someone tells me you can do a 2 hour movie in five minutes)

Sorry about that.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
LOL, Did not know that, unless it is cheap to get rid of the watermark I won't be doing speed tests (unless someone tells me you can do a 2 hour movie in five minutes)

Sorry about that.
I'd just call them a liar and save some time.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 PM

BADAK is a great alternative but I did try out some (okay, maybe it was only 1) converters. Converted Transformers to .wmv in about 2 hours. Problem is, it won't play and it says "Unsupported file format". -_- It's already in .wmv? Anyone know what the problem could be? Oh btw, I used 101 avi mpeg wmv converter

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM

I just converted Transformers with SMS, not happy with it.
The video is terribly laggy, not watchable and after I deleted the file, it still says that I only have 300+ megabytes left. What the hell!

EDIT: k I just unplugged it & plugged it back in and I do have 1.3GB left but Transformers lagging like that.. I'm not happy.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalq View Post
I'd just call them a liar and save some time.
LOL, Thats why I don't plan to perform a test myself, ain't gonna happen.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 PM

I had some trouble using the version provided in the link with Vista, but here's an updated one that should work fine.

http://eng.kipple.pe.kr/doc/badak/

Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Thanks chuck232 I was having some stupid problems and could not find the link I downloaded it from but I think you found it

Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM

hey,

i'm just wondering, after you convert the video and change the extension from avi to svi, do you simply just copy and paste it to the root of the samsung p2 directory?

if so, i keep getting a error message saying the format is not supported...

am i doing something wrong? can some one please help me?

thanks.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 AM

I copied it into the Video folder and it didn't have any problems.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypanda86 View Post
hey,

i'm just wondering, after you convert the video and change the extension from avi to svi, do you simply just copy and paste it to the root of the samsung p2 directory?

if so, i keep getting a error message saying the format is not supported...

am i doing something wrong? can some one please help me?

thanks.
I had that problem with a few, one I had to use SMS on, the second (and this might have worked on both, I had the box check marked in settings that had a bunch of screen ratio sizes that you use a menu to pick to force them a different size. I somehow did not notice and was trying to force a 16x9 into less than 3x4. (I am at work, can't tell you what the box is not but easy to find, check mark box on left, drop downs to pick ratio on the right.

Worth a try.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 PM

I can't download the presets.zip for some reason, can anyone help with this?

Old 12-09-2007, 12:25 AM

Great thread. Does anyone know of a similar solution that works on a Mac?