android
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Thumb Up Decided on the T400 series

I was looking at MP3 players for my gf and i for this Christmas and ended up purchasing a bunch of them to compare. (best buy and circuit city hate me) I carefully listened to the Sansa 260R, Sansa View, Sansa Click, and 8GB Zen and was not that impressed. The zen and click were very very close, probably the click was better in quality. I had almost decided on the Zen except it is too quiet, the interface is a little weird, and its expensive.

I happened to have a Amazon gift card for $100 which made it easier to take the plunge on a T400... so for 4 dollars i got it gift warped and delivered. Sound quality is exceptional, its noticeable via normal crappy headphones but especially noticeable when hooked up to my main system. A lot of reviews on the web complained some about the windows interface, but this is the first player i have picked up with almost no learning curve. I have hit a wrong button twice. The lack of a user adjustable EQ is a non issue b/c it is so damn balanced and good as is. I am very happy with it aside from the 4GB, but I change out my music weekly via rhapsody anyways so its not too big of an issue.

I have to agree with EnzoTen, "you should really just buy one".

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Waiting for mine to come from Amazon.com

Mine is coming as a Christmas present, and I can hardly wait after reading some of the reviews. The 4 GB shouldn't be a problem for me either, as 1000 songs loaded at any given time is more than adequate for me. I'm not really interested in the video and will be using this as a music player mostly. Now I'm just trying to locate an AC charger other than the Toshiba to save some money. Any suggestions? Someone said a Motorola Razor charger would work, so maybe I'll look for one. The charger at Toshiba Direct is $29.99 but includes a car charger as well. Here's a couple of reviews I found on the net.

http://www.pocketables.net/2007/12/review-toshiba.html

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/tos...0_media_player

Cheers,
vision1994

Cheers,
Vision1994

Old 12-21-2007, 12:20 AM

Default AC charger

Pretty much any charger with a mini usb interface will work, so anything for a blackberry or other device with that connection. As i said in the other post the usb interface is defined as 5 volts, and T400 comes with a straight through cable so you know it doesn't need anything special. Check out the power section of the USB spec on wikipedia for more info. You could probably pick up one for $10 at target or best buy in the phone section. Or you can get a AC to female USB adapter and then plug in the cord that came with your player.

lastly there is this shady looking thing for $4.99: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/eltrchforblp.html
...which is about what these things cost so im sure it would be fine.