android
Old 12-19-2007, 04:54 AM

Default new firmware 01.01.05f

I just updated and wanna confirm something. Is it me or the volume goes louder now?
Also, where can I see the change log of this updated becouse it seems to me that the SQ improved aswell but it could be placebo so I don't want to jump to conclusions.

EDIT: can someone who didn't update yet check the volume level and compare it with the new firmware please?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Thanks for advising that there was new firmware available for the Express. I checked the volume levels before and after the update but couldn't really tell any difference. There is a "Volume" setting in the configuration menu where you can choose between "Normal" and "High." I think the default setting has been "High" for for each firmware release. This is the first firmware update since July 4th. You may have had your Express set to Normal for a long time and gotten used to hearing it that way. Now all of a sudden it sounds louder because it is set to High because of the update. I'm just guessing of course. I haven't really found anything different with this version.

I bought a Sansa Clip the other day and find it far superior to the Express in almost every way except I think the radio in the Express might be a little more sensitive.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 AM

Yeah I figured some one will assume that I left my settings on normal So it's only in my mind huh?
It's not necessarily a bad thing though. Looks like I just found out that the lil' monsta sounds better then I thought.
Guess i prejudged it since my previous Sansa DAP (one of their first) sounded like arse.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

I find the express sounds a bit better then the clip actually. But the clip is a much better device overall. Works much faster and is more stable. (Well maybe this new firmware will fix the issues? we'll see).

Old 12-23-2007, 06:34 PM

According to someone posting in the official Sansa forums, the update enables SDHC cards of up to 8GB and fixes some boot problems. I can't find any official documentation though. Even in the manual update zip file there's no changelog.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 AM

Thanks for letting me know as well! I will compare before and after updating mine.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 AM

I have updated. While the maximum volume doesn't appear to have changed, and if so it's pretty slight. Maybe I'm just thinking this but the sound does seem a little bit more "full". I am trying a variety of music. Either way, the Express in combination with my trusty Sennheiser PX-100 headphones provide a very nice listening experience.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:33 AM

oh, and if anyone was unsure; the update does not include SDHC support. If you put an SDHC card in the player, you will be able to locate this when you plug the player into your computer, but the player does not load songs from it.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 AM

Nothing much change.
Song become louder only...

Disapponted.