android
Old 09-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default The Raven

The Raven Theme

Version 1.0 - Origionaly released 14.09.2006 (Updated: 20.10.2006 )

Description:

This theme was made because I got sick of the all too bright origional Sansa backgrounds icons etc. So I decided to make my own. Made everything in much darker tones, with different shades of dark blues, greys and blacks... Changed as much as I could make work, and in the end its a fairly complete theme. Including making my own Icons for the navigation system. All of which are fairly straitforward for me.

Version History:

1.0b 14.09.2006 - The first version that I released, had everything made and done. Still wasn't 100% sure of all the images, and toolbars I used. Some things that I might still change, but all in all a fully working theme. (This version, is basicaly the same as the 1.0a version now..)

1.0a & 1.0e 15.09.2006 - Found out the need to have 2 new versions for proper functionality of the theme. 1.0a is the American theme version, 1.0e is the European version of the Theme.

1.1a 04.10.2006 - Fixed some minor things that were wrong with the previous version. Added in a new "large" Batery Charging screen, since now *sometimes* you might be able to see it on the player Also added a new rating screen. Made some changes to the custom EQ sliders.

1.12a (WIP) 13.10.2006 - Just finnished a new Shuting down animation. Was not able to find any way to get the Batery charging screen to show. Still a Work in Progress. *Addition* Modified the animation of the connection screen to somthing more eloquent, or just plain looks better now. Changed the Shuting down animation to work slightly better with the starting animation, also modified its style to be more "Shut downy"...

2.00a & 2.00e 22.10.2006 - Well this is the final version I of this theme. Everything looks good and works fine, cant think of anything else that really needs changing. Except maybe the record screen, but I think how it is, is clear enough to keep. Changed the rating "system" to look cooler and more in theme with the rest. Also changed the brightness meter, just for fun. Changed the "Menu" icon, from the clear L to a ! mark that has the same green glow as the other icons. Changed the progress and Volume meters from the copper gradiant to a blue one. Changed the batery meter from green to blue. Then finaly changed the upper bar to match the background in the now playing screen (Less Cement bars )
So unless I get particularly annoyed with some little detail with these theme I probibly wont update it further, enjoy

Additional Information:

Things to note:

There are 2 different versions of the same version of the theme. An (A)merican and an (E)uropean version. Make sure you download the correct version for your player, as they dont cross over at all.
No idea, if either of these themes will work for any asian players. If there are asian language firmwares available, and I could get them from somewhere I probibly could get this to work, if there are problems with them being read.

The white selector while browsing music/artists lists could not be changed from the bright white it is. As I couldn't find the other white background the player puts over the first white background when the text in the field needs to be scrolled from side to side... So If I would change the selector, then it would always have a white box placed over it if the text was too long to be displayed, which didn't look nice at all...

Upcoming fixes/changes for the currant theme version:

It seems while I changed the Batery Charging images, the FW does not accept them, or then there are other similar images yet to be found. So ATM, even though I modified them, when you see the batery charging screen it will still be the same old one... Unless someone else figures out why this happens there probibly wont be a change made to this theme.

Any complements, sugestions or problems with the theme you can PM or E-mail me, finaly got my e-mail freed of work related stuff so it no longer gets flooded with messages daily.

*Looks a great deal better when its actualy displayed on the player (Images from Version 1.0e)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Raven Theme (2.0a) by Jack4L.zip (1.04 MB, 708 views)
File Type: zip Raven Theme (2.0e) by Jack4L.zip (1.11 MB, 290 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM

really nice , keep up the good work

Old 01-30-2007, 06:02 PM

One of the first theme released, but still, the best so far, IMO.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:18 PM

I just put this on my player, and it's pretty sick.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 AM

Very nice... one of my fav.

wish there were a way to have different themes and you could pick on boot up

Old 03-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Hey, do you think you can make a textless menu form of your theme, it would make ure theme look hotter

Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

if its .h3theme file than yes u can!!

My Last.fm

Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Oh ok. How though, lol?

btw Jack4ls raven theme is the best out ther

Old 03-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

no it isnt!! there i a lot and i mean a lot more beautiful themes!!
ive added a thread in the forum if anyone will want textless menu i will upload!!!

My Last.fm

Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.z View Post
no it isnt!! there i a lot and i mean a lot more beautiful themes!!
ive added a thread in the forum if anyone will want textless menu i will upload!!!
Nah. Raven is the best because I say so!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Cool New to forums..

I added this software to my player. I am a metal kid, and this was the best theme that I could see.

With the instructions in this forum and this post, I was able to get this up, no problem.

Great Mod...keep up the good work.

BornAcidBBC

Old 03-06-2007, 07:29 PM

Amazing theme, very original and unique.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM

Default one problem

Everything seemed to go over well, except:
The intro loading screen still is the original "Sandisk" White on black logo.

The shut down screen is the cool new one that says "Shutting Down" and shreds/scatters

Anyone else not get the loading up screen to work?

Anyway to fix this problem?

Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The loading up screen cant be changed unfortunatly, least couldn't be when I made the theme... No ones found the loading up screen in the Firmware, so its most likly in the bootloader which no one knows how to edit/read.

Also a thing to note, the last screen of the loading up animation is also the first screen of the shutting down animation. Which is why the shutting down animation starts off with the origional 1st frame.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 PM

Default ....

Okay, thanks for the fast reply.

I really like the setup of your theme. Nice and DARK.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 PM

Wow, first theme thats showing original gfx.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 AM

very stylish

Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 AM

Awesome.

My Sansa just wasn't complete without this theme to make things look even cooler!

Love the way its dim and blue, this coupled with the Led brightness "Fix" makes my players brightness bearable! I work night shifts, mostly in the dark, and this allows me to not have to use a welding eye mask while changing the albums I'm playing!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:29 PM

men this theme is cool i cant weith to see other themes jack is planing to make
5 starts theme

Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM

men i am having trouble installing this should i cpy the file that the zip have to the root of my player?

hey i notice that the contenet of the file that i dowload is not a MI4 file so wut do i have to do to instaling it to my player?