android
Old 01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Samsung Moderator

lol it's a bit normal...
when the product is still new, there is a real support during 6 months and then Samsung stops developping firmwares. And from time to time, after 1year there is a new firmware which is most of time useless such as the 4.10 for K3 or 2.51 for Z5... ^^

What is also funny is that french people register on this english forum before registering on generationmp3 in their language lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 AM

Default Lyrics Function?

I've recently upgraded to the 4.10KR firmware, there is a lyrics function on it (in the menu when its playing a song), does anyone know how to use this lyrics function?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Samsung Moderator

You have to use samsung Lyrics Station
You can download it here:
http://www.cczclan.com/yp-55download.asp

There are only former models but choose anyone, it will work

Old 01-07-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
lol it's a bit normal...
when the product is still new, there is a real support during 6 months and then Samsung stops developping firmwares. And from time to time, after 1year there is a new firmware which is most of time useless such as the 4.10 for K3 or 2.51 for Z5... ^^

What is also funny is that french people register on this english forum before registering on generationmp3 in their language lol
Of course, but then again, what's the point of releasing just a shyni blueish skin ? and on the MTP firmwares, still no lyriks, no text, and the graphic equalizer is still lost with lag.

BTW, I also registered to GMP3, but this ABIP forum seemed a bit more alive last time I checked.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 PM

Default I'm confused...

1) What exactly is the difference between the "maestro" version of 4.10 and the red/lime/blue versions of 4.10, linked earlier in this thread? Is upgrading worth it?

2) How do you upgrade from 4.06 to 4.10? Where do you put the IMG and rom files that you get?

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM

Default ye

Hey Mr. Giant Hogweed how u upgraging ur firmware from ur 4.10 to lower?
i thing u have to firstly format it next put some another version and when it sucks try format it again and put it in tha player after formatting. Hmm did u do this?
and when no try earch at google i think it need to rename img and rom file when it doesn"t work hmm?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 PM

Hello everyone!
First of all thanks for all useful posts! i've installed the 4.10 firmware with following your posts. and i didnt have fm radio in menu before the upgrade. now, after 4.10, fm radio appears in menu but i hear nothing when i try to listen i tried my old walkman in case of bad signal but it works normally...is it about my K3?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM

I upgraded it to 4.10 but I really hate the file browser in general..it's really, really annoying. Can't I get rid of it somehow =_=; I wanted to degrade the firmware just because of this, but now I can't cause it always says something like, image blahblah error X_X. I liked it when I could choose weather to organize music by artist, by track, by album, etc. :S Can't I still do this SOMEHOW? TT_TT

Old 01-19-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrook View Post
I upgraded it to 4.10 but I really hate the file browser... Can't I still do this SOMEHOW? TT_TT
Put your music into folders; Have artist folders, and within that, have album folders, and within that you place the tracks.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:50 PM

great I am for 4.10, it s so New

Last edited by sheikare; 03-16-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 AM

Ok so I know this is like major necro post but I need help... I currently have a YP-K3 with firmware version "3.09 WA JN" It won't let me upgrade to 4.06 because I already have the latest version and it says that it is an unknown version. Won't let me skip to 4.10 it says upgrade failed, then invalid image size. I can't read korean so all the links to 4.03 that are in korean haven't helped at all. This has been bugging me for a while now. Plase help

Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 PM

You can goto this site to find the firmwares for your Model

http://media.generationmp3.com/gmp3/Firmwares/Samsung/

Old 07-22-2009, 04:13 AM
Samsung Moderator

Rather use the "All Firmwares" thread.
There are the same download links but with explicit version names

Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Rather use the "All Firmwares" thread.
There are the same download links but with explicit version names
I admit your's is a lot more visual and contextual , but some people appreciate direct simplicity nonetheless.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Hogweed View Post
Unfortunately, no downgrade from 4.10 seems to be possible. I tried to downgrade to 3.09 using the same procedure as described in the above linked thread. After formatting, copying the .img and .rom files in the root directory, disconnecting and switching on I got an error message "Upgrade Failed - Invalid Image File Size". Then I tried to downgrade to 3.05, 4.06, 4.03 - same results. Only "upgrade" to 4.10 (the same version) worked.

So, as a warning: If you are thinking of upgrading to 4.10 be very sure about what you want. You probably won't be able to get back (unless somebody finds a trick and posts it here, which I'd greatly appreciate).
hey guys - i can now confirm that you can downgrade from 4.10 to something like 3.09. It's basically the same method (that's what I did). I took me a while, but i realised that you need windows to recognise it as a device.

Download the firmware you want installed and a program called tcctool and follow what this link says:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=36952

if you want to downgrade to an MTP format, you need to make windows recognise the device,that way you can drop the ROM and IMG files into the 'data' file. i did this by going into device manager, finding my device that couldn't be installed properly and letting windows install it's own mtp drivers. You should be able to see your device, on the my computer screen, not as a listed drive like "f:\" but the device itself. I think it's only do-able using XP, i don't see a 'data' folder when i plug it into my vista or win7